Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

One of a kind Aqueduct in Geelong Australia

MickDoesStuff

Join
Nov 12, 2019
This was one of the first few times of my flying my drone. The drone footage starts at 3:20 if you don't want to see me talk and walk across the plains to get to the location to launch the drone. I grew up in this suburb and lived about 1.5 km as the bird flies from this location.

The Barwon Sewer Aqueduct is a heritage-listed aqueduct across the Barwon River at Goat Island, Breakwater, Victoria, Australia. It was designed by engineer E. G. Stone and erected from 1913-1915. It would appear to be the only one of its kind in Australia in terms of its length and the use of the Considere construction technique. The aqueduct appears to be the last example in Australia of Armand Considere's system of reinforcing for concrete structures. It was added to the Victorian Heritage Register on 23 October 1991.

Smooth flying and well done video. Thanks for the history lesson it helps to appreciate this magnificent structure of the past. Nice job on the narration too Mick. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: MickDoesStuff
This was one of the first few times of my flying my drone. The drone footage starts at 3:20 if you don't want to see me talk and walk across the plains to get to the location to launch the drone. I grew up in this suburb and lived about 1.5 km as the bird flies from this location.

The Barwon Sewer Aqueduct is a heritage-listed aqueduct across the Barwon River at Goat Island, Breakwater, Victoria, Australia. It was designed by engineer E. G. Stone and erected from 1913-1915. It would appear to be the only one of its kind in Australia in terms of its length and the use of the Considere construction technique. The aqueduct appears to be the last example in Australia of Armand Considere's system of reinforcing for concrete structures. It was added to the Victorian Heritage Register on 23 October 1991.

Fantastic video and flying. Awesome subject! I would love to fly the Aqueducts in Italy some day. Thanks for the post.

Fantastic video and flying. Awesome subject! I would love to fly the Aqueducts in Italy some day. Thanks for the post.

Thanks sharps, yeah it would be amazing to drone the roman aqueducts. I might head back to this spot in summer now that I'm a bit more familiar with the drone. Thinking about making a montage of all the cool things around my home town.

Cripes great flying. Was worried it was a metal structure but I think it’s wood. Love the “roller coaster flying you achieved. I’d have deffo crashed it into the uprights. Had to watch it without commentary as I am in a hotel lounge! Nice vid and well done.

Cripes great flying. Was worried it was a metal structure but I think it’s wood. Love the “roller coaster flying you achieved. I’d have deffo crashed it into the uprights. Had to watch it without commentary as I am in a hotel lounge! Nice vid and well done.

Yeah I was pretty nervous as I had only flown the drone a few times prior to this and didn't want to crash it. The structure is made of concrete and is crumbling a decent amount in some spots.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef