Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

OOPS. Battery Fail

yochanan

Join
May 26, 2019
Flying Sparky yesterday when battery got critically low, at 5ft altitude.
“Returning to Home in 10 seconds”. WHATTTTTTT?
In just three seconds, RTH took over and the battery failed before reaching the home point.

Now,……I know how to cancel it. Broken arm I think I can fix with JB Weld epoxy specifically for plastics.
Startup, camera and function of the motor appear all normal.

Reactions: Spark 317
In just three seconds, RTH took over and the battery failed before reaching the home point.

Now,……I know how to cancel it. Broken arm I think I can fix with JB Weld epoxy specifically for plastics.
Startup, camera and function of the motor appear all normal.
986A8A10-AF46-4136-B539-CA477A5802E2.jpeg

In just three seconds, RTH took over

That's what happened to my Spark, up into the tree and back to the ground.

Gimbal is broke, replaced it, but now I have vision errors and the gimbal still doesn't work properly.

I'm going to tinker with the DJI Assistant and see if that fixes anything.

If that doesn't work, I guess it's back to the operating table.

IMG_20211005_173410163~3.jpg

Reactions: RotorWash

The body of the Spark is available for purchase and there are YouTube videos showing how to transfer everything over if the J B Weld doesn't work.

There's some soldering involved at the motors if swapping frames.

Good luck with your repairs. 👍

That's what happened to my Spark, up into the tree and back to the ground.

Gimbal is broke, replaced it, but now I have vision errors and the gimbal still doesn't work properly.

I'm going to tinker with the DJI Assistant and see if that fixes anything.

If that doesn't work, I guess it's back to the operating table.

View attachment 13997

Yikes. You’re very organized and methodical. I hope it works.

The body of the Spark is available for purchase and there are YouTube videos showing how to transfer everything over if the J B Weld doesn't work.

There's some soldering involved at the motors if swapping frames.

Good luck with your repairs. 👍
Thanks. It looked very involved. Just my luck that if I did that, I will end up with error messages like many report.

If you can find some fibreglass mesh, open weave, maybe give it a brush of JB over that (the repaired arm area), apply some strips of the mesh, brush over again, good reinforcement.
Hope it lasts for you.

09638-feature5-fiberglass.jpg

Reactions: RotorWash
Reactions: SPark_South_Oz
Might be nice to figure out where the magnetic sensor is in the Spark. I know that if my Mavic Pro gets anywhere near any sort of metal, it messes up the magnetic compass. I've got lots of experience with JB Weld, and while it is absolutely the best, strongest epoxy, it has metal in it. This can be demonstrated by mixing up a batch, then putting a strong magnet near it. The JB Weld will travel toward the magnet! So I hope this does not affect your compass.

Reactions: yochanan
Might be nice to figure out where the magnetic sensor is in the Spark. I know that if my Mavic Pro gets anywhere near any sort of metal, it messes up the magnetic compass. I've got lots of experience with JB Weld, and while it is absolutely the best, strongest epoxy, it has metal in it. This can be demonstrated by mixing up a batch, then putting a strong magnet near it. The JB Weld will travel toward the magnet! So I hope this does not affect your compass.
This isn’t regular JB Weld but a clear, plastic epoxy made only for plastics. Great info but I think I escaped that risk with this. I’ll try a ‘magnet test’.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast