Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Opinion?

If it were me I would return not worth putting your spark at risk. Or falling out of the sky and doing damage or hurting someone. Year old and I am guessing they just sat till you got them?

I bought 2 spark batteries today at Best Buy. The batteries are old. 5/17 and 6/17. They were BARELY within the safe zone for lipos. Thinking about returning. Opinions?
Did you get a really good price?

Where they in hibernation mode?

What do you mean by barely within the safe zone?

Were they lower than 3.7 v per cell? Were the cells incredibly out of balance? What?

Lipos that have been setting around for awhile need to be cycled a few times to show their true colors.

On batteries that old, I'd be more worried about if they have the old small retainer locks, not the new larger ones.

I have batteries that old and they are still going strong. If you got them at a reduced price, it was probably a good deal.

Last edited:
No, no deal. Regular price. The battery light did not come on when the button was pushed, so I assume that’s hibernating. They did charge, but I’m not sure that I should trust them. Would you return them?

I have 6 batteries all purchased at different times and they were all manufactured in 6/17.

I haven't had a problem yet but with the paranoia of it happening, I too went the battery clip or O ring to secure the battery.

You may find it difficult to find the new generation battery as there are a bazillion of the first ones still out there. Best Buy only carries a few at a time and you can't tell the battery is new or old by the packaging so you're going to have to go to a lot of stores to physically see if the battery is 1st or 2nd generation and Best Buy probably doesn't know ether.

Good luck.

I would return them immediately. You can get 2nd generation batteries (improved retention clips and springs) direct from DJI on their website, official Amazon store or official eBay store.

Genuine DJI batteries are rarely less than $45 unless they are old stock, gray market or copycats.

From the looks of Best Buy stores I've visited they are preparing to exit from drone sales. They are selling previous generation drones instead of current models and the accessory display racks are empty. They even sell the GoPro Karma which was recalled and then discontinued years ago. Your battery was old meaning they haven't ordered new ones for a LONG time.

Returned. They offered me an exchange which I declined. I explained to them that their stock was outdated and that DJI had changed the batteries and that in all likelihood anything else that they had would be outdated as well.

Reactions: Spark 317

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delf