Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

OTG and Andriod users (phone versus tablet)

How has your Spark stopped working? If it only worked with OTG, then it’s not working as advertised. Have you contacted DJI about it?
How has it stopped working, well basically by using wifi instead of the OTG the image transmitted will have artefacts even when close to the phone, the connection will be lost after just a few meters and there is very little you can do about it. DJI has been made aware of this problem in the summer by other users, and by myself when the dreaded patch killed OTG. Their reaction was "please send us Screenshots, and use a recommended device" - I did send them Screenshots, but I'm not buying another device priced at the same level as the drone just for being able to fly it. I never got an reply after sending the Screenshots.

I'm sorry if I don't go further in the details on why the issue exists and mostly affects Europeans with Android, as this has been discussed on djis forum over and over again, and if you want to know more about the technical details you can find it there, and it's cumbersome to type that much on the phone.

It seems to vary from one phone to the next with Android. Maybe try 4.1.5 with otg to start with, and if it works stick with it for now.

DJI have said they’re looking at using OTG, but haven’t put any time frame on it.
The version you mean should be 4.1.15 not 4.1.5 ;)

As for dji saying they are working on a fix, there are conflicting statements by dji on their own forums, and those claims are over a month old, and the patches released in that time have not shown any improvement, so if they have it on their to do, it has not a high priority, sadly.

Back to the OP's point. I have seen so many posts/threads on OTG-gate and while yes we all know that there is no "official" support for OTG cable on the Spark, but as reported there is proof that it did work with DJI Go version 4.1.15 and lower.

I personally am in the camp of wanting to use OTG for the purpose of cutting down on any potential interference in radio signals, no matter how stable people say the WiFi connection between the device and the RC may be.

That said....I would be interested if anyone else has tested what the OP said, which specifically is use of an Android Tablet (not phone) running DJI Go 4 4.1.22 and OTG cable giving back the missing telemetry data that went missing. I only have a phone so I can't comment personally, but if it turned out that it was working then it would be helpful for the Spark community to know.

Thanks!

I have a Fire 7 from Amazon. I have Google play side loaded so when I get a chance, I'll try it and report back.

Your attitude isn’t really making anyone here want to help you...

Android is android, wether it’s a phone or a tablet is irrelevant.

DJI don’t currently support OTG on any operating system. Some android users are rolling back their apps to still use otg. But, your question relates to the current versions of Go4.

There are MANY threads on the subject already on the forum. I suggest using the search function in future.
I have to say I fine my galaxy s7 edge works fine with OTG but can get a stable connection with my Samsung Tab A 8.0 and Cabot get any connection to my Samsung galaxy tab S2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis