Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

OTG for iOS - one piece?

doubleyoukay

Join
Jul 5, 2017
I never knew OTG cables were called OTG or that there were anything special about them... always thought they were just plug converters :D Learn something new everyday haha.

Anyway I realised everybody seems to be doing these two piece things.. one micro usb to USB female, and them a regular lightning cable into that. I was just wondering if something like this would work as well?

Amazon.com: Lightning to MicroUSB Cable, 6'' black,for connecting DAC/Digital Camera to iPhone 7/Plus/6/6s/Plus/SE/5s/5 & iPad: Cell Phones & Accessories

I never knew OTG cables were called OTG or that there were anything special about them... always thought they were just plug converters :D Learn something new everyday haha.

Anyway I realised everybody seems to be doing these two piece things.. one micro usb to USB female, and them a regular lightning cable into that. I was just wondering if something like this would work as well?

Amazon.com: Lightning to MicroUSB Cable, 6'' black,for connecting DAC/Digital Camera to iPhone 7/Plus/6/6s/Plus/SE/5s/5 & iPad: Cell Phones & Accessories
It should work fine, except the 6 inch cable may be a little short given the angle of the connection to the phone. Since it sticks straight out you lose about an inch or more before you can bend it back to the remote. Does that make sense? Or it may fit just perfect! If it was a 90 degree connection it would probably fit much better.

I have a 6 inch USB to micro USB that I use to connect an android device to my Mavic remote and it is very tight and stresses the cable by bending it. I bought a 9 inch and that works better.

I'm using two cables to connect and get the 'device not supported' msg from my iPad, but they work with the Spark anyway. I found this company (link below) is producing compliant cables for the Mavic and are considering producing one with a micro USB that would work with Spark. Use their contact form to let them know you are interested, maybe we can get enough interest to make it worth it for them. I like the idea of having an MFI compliant single cable. A one piece would definitely be better.
As some of us have already found out, not every cable will function even though it may fit connector-wise. The forum is handy for finding out what works and what doesn't.

Angle Apple USB Lightning cables for DJI Mavic Pro Phantom and Inspire

Reactions: kika
There is a related OTG thread here. (OTG Cable Issues) The manufacturer I mentioned above posted that they are looking for a beta tester for a Spark cable in the SF Bay area (gets free production cable).

Reactions: kika

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme