Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

OTG is fully working on the s8

Maybe I don't understand but is 4.2.18 the latest version of the app? I thought we were at 4.2.26 or something. Can someone else confirm the OTG working?

Maybe I don't understand but is 4.2.18 the latest version of the app? I thought we were at 4.2.26 or something. Can someone else confirm the OTG working?
The current version on Android is 4.2.12, which just released today as Google Play let me know it was one of my available updates this afternoon.

I think that is same version number for iOS too, but that appears to have released last week.

for real ? but I guess getting the s8 is just like buying an iphone.
Sorry the new version is 4.2.12

OTG is working and should work for all Android devices I've got s8 and s7 and both these work .

Screenshot_20180417-030316_Google%20Play%20Store.jpg
The current version on Android is 4.2.12, which just released today as Google Play let me know it was one of my available updates this afternoon.

I think that is same version number for iOS too, but that appears to have released last week.

I haven't seen any update on Google play yet. Still waiting for my update.

Dang... 4.2.12 and 4.2.18? I'm still using 4.1.15 because of the OTG issue. (Samsung S6).

Do you think I should give the new on a try?

It's only 4.2.12, 18 was a typo. But yes, give it a try. The only thing is some of us who saw the update and updated, no longer see the 4.2.12 version on Play Store. We still have it installed though.

It seems DJI may have pulled down the .12 update for the time being.

I did post a link to the APK on one of the other posts of this topic.

It's only 4.2.12, 18 was a typo. But yes, give it a try. The only thing is some of us who saw the update and updated, no longer see the 4.2.12 version on Play Store. We still have it installed though.

It seems DJI may have pulled down the .12 update for the time being.

I did post a link to the APK on one of the other posts of this topic.

OK I got the .apk but after I install and then try to run it, it says "failed to get resource file..." Do I need a .ogg file also?

OK I got the .apk but after I install and then try to run it, it says "failed to get resource file..." Do I need a .ogg file also?
I think someone noted they had to download the file directly to their phone, but that is all I know. Someone else posted the APK as well, you could try that one too just in case it is the file but I know at least one person got it working.

OK, I figured it out. I uninstalled 4.1.15 and then deleted the dji go 4 folder on the phone. Then I installed the one on the play store (4.2.8) and then ran it so it would download the resource files for that one... then I copied 4.2.12 to my downloads folder on my phone and installed the .apk manually.
After I did that and re-opened it, it downloaded another resource file (about 73meg) and now it's working. It shows 4.2.12 in the version.

I started everything up and connected via OTG and it works! I see battery % and I took off and it showed the height... I was in a small room, so I couldn't really fly it around much otherwise...but I'm excited to try it outside now! (unfortunately it's dark and very windy...and tomorrow calls for snow...so it might be a couple days...)

Thanks for the files and help!!!

Reactions: StyxPhoenix
OK, I figured it out. I uninstalled 4.1.15 and then deleted the dji go 4 folder on the phone. Then I installed the one on the play store (4.2.8) and then ran it so it would download the resource files for that one... then I copied 4.2.12 to my downloads folder on my phone and installed the .apk manually.
After I did that and re-opened it, it downloaded another resource file (about 73meg) and now it's working. It shows 4.2.12 in the version.

I started everything up and connected via OTG and it works! I see battery % and I took off and it showed the height... I was in a small room, so I couldn't really fly it around much otherwise...but I'm excited to try it outside now! (unfortunately it's dark and very windy...and tomorrow calls for snow...so it might be a couple days...)

Thanks for the files and help!!!
Hi Jim, what process did you follow to connect via OTG? Every time I have connected via OTG my RC just charges from my phone. However my AC has been off each time I have tried, just wanted to check if the dji go 4 app would pick up the RC

Hi Jim, what process did you follow to connect via OTG? Every time I have connected via OTG my RC just charges from my phone. However my AC has been off each time I have tried, just wanted to check if the dji go 4 app would pick up the RC

I bought an otg cable to start with. Do you have one? There is always a "host" end that needs to connect to the RC.

I turn on the spark, and the RC...once they connect I put the phone end of the cable in my phone and then the host end into the RC (only way that it recognizes it is if you do it in this order) and then I hear the connection sound... it then starts DJI Go 4 (if it wasn't already) and then after a short bit it shows "go fly"

I hope that helps... if you needs suggestions for an OTG cable, I can give you a link to the two I've used.

Reactions: Anthony Geiger
I bought an otg cable to start with. Do you have one? There is always a "host" end that needs to connect to the RC.

I turn on the spark, and the RC...once they connect I put the phone end of the cable in my phone and then the host end into the RC (only way that it recognizes it is if you do it in this order) and then I hear the connection sound... it then starts DJI Go 4 (if it wasn't already) and then after a short bit it shows "go fly"

I hope that helps... if you needs suggestions for an OTG cable, I can give you a link to the two I've used.
Hey man,

Thanks for the help! I read up yesterday about the host situation. At the moment my adapter was connected to my phone side so my phone was acting as the host.

I have ordered a micro usb OTG which hopefully allows the RC to now become the host. So hopefully that sorts out my issues.

@Gavieboydgi thx for the post and heads up.
I haven't got the version in the store yet but I am thrilled to get testing. Would be nice if it worked on my S5 to =).
Yeah it seems to work o. My s7 and Samsung s8 hopefully it should work on the s5 too. You are welcome the app 4.2.12 can be sideloaded to your device just download the Google drive I uploaded on the very first page. That is the 4.2.12 APK version. And I think apk mirror website has it as well. Here.

DJI GO 4--For drones since P4 4.2.12 APK Download by DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD - APKMirror

Reactions: Alucard and Criptix
Here's my flight with a screen recording app. It was smooth as butter. Sorry about the wind it was windy as hell yesterday as you can see in the video the wind was pushing my drone sideways hahaha and i had just bike ride 3 miles to where I fly my drones. [emoji16]

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme