Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Parrot Responds to DJI Spark with Big Discounts on Consumer Drones

Parrot might be in financial trouble, so I dont know if I would buy one even at a discount. They are getting out of the consumer drone market to focus on their commercial stuff. But it would be a good time to get a discount, not sure about service in the future.

Parrot is laying off a third of its drone division

Parrot might be in financial trouble, so I dont know if I would buy one even at a discount. They are getting out of the consumer drone market to focus on their commercial stuff. But it would be a good time to get a discount, not sure about service in the future.

Parrot is laying off a third of its drone division
Interesting...the key statement in the article is,
"Specifically, Parrot said margins are so low in the consumer drone business that it wouldn’t be able to generate “profitable growth ... over the medium and long term.”

From a business perspective...that's because they (Parrot) have no/minimal market share, thus no sale volume.

That doesn't surprise me .I've owned two parrot drones and they were garbage .
I think most drone company's will follow parrots lead..
3dr is history and go pro is soon to follow.

Saw a new parrot drone tested on YouTube.

Probably more competitive to Mavic Air. 4k, better camera specs, zoom, upward tilting camera, all DJI special flight mode copies, plus a few extra. Something called Mapfly. point to a place on a map and it flies to it. 25 minute battery life I believe. Light as the Spark but bigger in size. Foldable. Propellers are optimized against noise like Mavic Plat. Price around AIr, but no extra batteries, just one at that price. Has own controller, looks like it has an OTG cord. Uses cellphone. Flew and filmed well as far as I could tell, although there was one rotation which looked shakey to me but that may not be typical.

No obstacle avoidance though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme