Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

PGY Tech filters

SPark_South_Oz

Join
Apr 20, 2019
Loc
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Hi all, just getting back into using the Spark some more, really love the way it flies and it's so much easier to take on trips than the M1P and it's extensive kit.
There's a few things I need to upgrade with the Spark to make enable easier travels, and help make videos better overall.

One of these is some decent filters.
I Searched here a bit, and found a couple of posts where people here use the PGY Tech brand.
They seem decent multi coated quality and lightweight (less than Polar Pro weight).

Looking at this set . . .

I like the ND 4, 8, 16 supplied, and the UV and clear polariser might be handy, in fact I'd probably leave the UV on permanently until changing out to ND for sunlight conditions.

Rather than the big permanent bracket fitted, the PGY set seems to have several separate arched clips (2 spares perhaps) that are used with a flat form main filter.
(They aren't even shown on the PGYTech site Spark gear For Spark )

I'm wondering if this is secure, or possibly a pain to the rear end to use.

Can anyone share their feedback on these ?

I did have a MC-UV before that my BIL gave me, one day flying Sports mode I came to a sudden stop, and I actually saw the filter fall off !
Looked for 20 mins with another pilot I was with, and couldn't find it for anything.

Well, I've bought that set (and an extra ND32), will see what they do for my video, and the UV and CPL for photos ?

The attachment in some of the tutorials looks easy enough, once the little clip is stuck onto the gimble.
Checked some YouTube reviews and googled the filter and terms like problems, nothing untoward came up, so we'll see it the fitting system is secure soon enough.

I also snagged some extras, 2 more batteries = 5, the controller stick protectors (as the controller is lose in a travel bag), and splashed on the Portable recharge station, can top off 3 almost drained batteries.
Should allow a lot more flexibility on video work, and keep me going a lot longer when travelling (usually have the reasonable car charging too).

Hopefully have it all in the next week or so.

Got a great package deal through the chat service on D1Store (Australia).
Anyone interested in the articles / deal, let me know and I can message info.

Reactions: Spark 317

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit