Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Phone shuts down

swindall

Join
Jun 26, 2019
I have a hard time connecting my RC to my phone and spark drone. It almost never connects with wifi and now if I try to connect using cord it completely shuts down my Galaxy S8. I have to connect it to a charger before I can reboot it. The only way I have to fly my drone is with just the phone and cannot use the RC. Please help.

Hi - I can only suggest the basics of making sure that your S8 is updated to the latest Android version, and is running the latest version of the DJI Ap. I’ve never used other software such as Litchi but if you are having major problems with Go4 that could be worth a look but I’m no expert on that. It does sound like an issue with the phone though so might be hard on this forum to get to the bottom of a specific smartphone issue. Good luck - hope get flying soon.

Reactions: swindall
I would suggest using an OTG cable, and bypass the WiFi issue altogether. I use my S9 on occasion, and never have had hard resets.

Another option I suggest is to forget both the Spark & controller’s SSIDs on your S8. Re-pair your controller with the Spark. Then reconnect the S8 to the controller.

If that doesn’t work, use DJI Assist, and factory reset the Spark, and try the above steps again.

Best

Reactions: swindall
I missed you have tried a cable. It needs to be an OTG USB cable. Regardless, Re-pair your controller with your Spark.

I would suggest using an OTG cable, and bypass the WiFi issue altogether. I use my S9 on occasion, and never have had hard resets.

Another option I suggest is to forget both the Spark & controller’s SSIDs on your S8. Re-pair your controller with the Spark. Then reconnect the S8 to the controller.

If that doesn’t work, use DJI Assist, and factory reset the Spark, and try the above steps again.

Best
This seemed to be the issue. I now use a tablet and it works better.

This seemed to be the issue. I now use a tablet and it works better.

Happy to hear. I’m no iPhone fanboy. Apple keeps a very tight grip on their App Store, and limits 3rd party developers from getting full access to the hardware. That limits IOS versions of some apps, but well worth the stability.

My worst, and most expensive lesson came when I bought a Mav2Pro with Smart Controller. DJI’s Android wouldn’t load anything from the Play Store, had a browser that constantly crashed, and many of the options were in Chinese.

I borrowed a friends M2P regular controller, plugged in an IPhone 7, and it functioned flawlessly. I didn’t lose all my Litchi missions.

The SC works now, after a week of analysis. DJI wasn’t using a Google authorized hardware platform, and failed to obtain app certificates.

Safe flying!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex