Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

photo quality indoor shooting

giolodovico

Join
Jan 3, 2021
I want to take still images indoor so I made a test to check the Spark stability changing light conditions in a way I could test different shooting times.
All shots where taken indoor using artificial light, 32oo K from 1/8th sec to 1/100th sec, at about 1.2 m high and about 0.5 m from the subject, ISO 100. In the attache file you can see the result: the photos represent a particular at 100% enlargement: the name of the photo indicate the shutter speed on the Spark.
So, what I learned is that shutter speed slower than 1/15th second do not give a good result in terms of blur.
Is there anyone who did such kind of experiments? what are the results? Any suggestion to increase the quality / decrease the shutter speed?

Many thanks!

Gio Lodovico

Attachments

• test.PNG
    test.PNG
    796 KB · Views: 30
I want to take still images indoor so I made a test to check the Spark stability changing light conditions in a way I could test different shooting times.
All shots where taken indoor using artificial light, 32oo K from 1/8th sec to 1/100th sec, at about 1.2 m high and about 0.5 m from the subject, ISO 100. In the attache file you can see the result: the photos represent a particular at 100% enlargement: the name of the photo indicate the shutter speed on the Spark.
So, what I learned is that shutter speed slower than 1/15th second do not give a good result in terms of blur.
Is there anyone who did such kind of experiments? what are the results? Any suggestion to increase the quality / decrease the shutter speed?

Many thanks!

Gio Lodovico
Interesting experiment Gio. I haven't tried anything similar but I'm impressed with the sharpness you did achieve. The propwash indoors at the height you're shooting is going to make a clear shot quite difficult at the slower shutter speeds.

Reactions: giolodovico

Many thanks!

Gio Lodovico
I don't have any specific information about the Spark camera, but in general digital cameras don't suffer much additional noise on the sensor until they're getting towards the top of the range of ISO seetings they can offer.

Acceptable noise depends a lot on the composition and on your intended use, so can I suggest that you try pushing up the ISO to keep the shutter going quickly. ISO * shutter speed is a constant, so by moving to ISO800 you can turn a 1/15th into 1/125th of a second.

Reactions: giolodovico

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast