Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Photoshop CC - auto merge for panoramic

Join
Jan 9, 2019
Hi everyone,

What have you found to be the best settings in PS CC for panos? When I merge on the DJI Go app on my phone, the perspective is perfect with the horizontal 9 pics. In photoshop, I'm getting too much distortion in my opinion. Center is fine, but the side start to stretch and warp off making it odd looking.

I've tried auto, perspective, and cylindrical. Far away landscapes are fine, but closer shots work out much better in the DJI app. Only problem is the app exports a less than 1mb file to my phone. I'd even take the app giving me the giant file size somehow.

Any ideas?

Reactions: Wayne Kelly
I use PS CC and you’re right - the perspective often looks off. Once merged, I flatten the layers and then stretch the corners of the image to get the shape (edit...transform...warp) how I want and finally crop the image. You could also use filter...adaptive wide angle to straighten things, but I have not found this very useful for drone panos.

Have you tried microsofts Ice? Maybe you like the result more then the photoshop ones. I like to use this program for stitching and the rest in Photoshop.

You can use microsoft ICE to merge (really good), and photoshop to edit colors, filters, etc.

Do try Image Composite Editor (ICE). It’s free! I use ICE, PTGUI PRO and Luminar for enhancing.

Photoshop is great, but for these tasks, ICE and PTGUI are better. Luminar is faster for enhancing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe