Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Pildapa Rock - Australia

That is one strange rock formation but it looks like a good place to explore.

Nice video Kerry:)

Can I ask you a question about drone flying in Australia, we are touring though NT and WA (Darwin to Perth) in August/September this year. How is the situation with drones over there, are they generally tolerated or is there a lot of negative feeling? You didn't seem to be completely alone in the sequence you posted. I've found the general regulations for Australia, and details about restrictions & permits for national parks, I just wondered how freely I will be able to fly in other locations. I hope to be able to do some auto tracking while driving too.

Unfortunately we won't make it to Piladapa Rock. Next time maybe.

Hi, hope you are enjoying your trip through NT and WA. I have found that drone flying is becoming quiet common in Australia. If i am free camping i generally just fly ny drone making sure that i dont fly it too close to other caravans or people. If there are other folk nearby i try and ask them if they mind if i put my drone up to take some photos - no one has said no yet. General rules i apply are: dont fly at all in residential areas and ok to fly in rural areas ( but not within 30mtrs of other folk unless i ask them). Hope this helps. Are you travelling in a van/camper - if so i have been doing a blog for many years and there are quiet a few camps covered in NT and WA. Just google "Linda and Kerry's travels around Oz" and look at the older blogs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme