Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Pimped out transmitter

TRuav

Join
Jul 22, 2018
Diy Kydex sun shield, base/ball mount plate from plastic cutting board.

Red accessories to go with my red spark.

Sun shield mounted with cold shoe mount, Ulanzi ST-03 phone mount has hidden cold shoe mount on top.6F442469-8D5C-4720-965C-442562D408DD.jpegA69498F8-0C17-48D7-9BAD-D88A14E9E789.jpeg0F7ED305-FFE1-48E6-B059-82EBE93A6E9D.jpegD4F88557-C446-45BA-89DC-C0430A223FA2.jpeg

Nice! I use a mavmount with a 10.5 tablet holder and 270mm sunhood. My sunhood works but build quality sucks.

Reactions: TRuav
Nice! I use a mavmount with a 10.5 tablet holder and 270mm sunhood. My sunhood works but build quality sucks.
I wanted a mavmount, but I couldn’t justify the price, the other mounts I looked at just didn’t have the quality. I think I achieved the quality at a much lower price.
I haven’t found a sun shield that’s not cumbersome to use and doesn’t get in the way, my shield allows me to access all buttons and is not mounted to the phone. I also made a larger shield for my tablet, I just haven’t found a tablet mount I like yet.

Thanks speedmeister!

I wanted a mavmount, but I couldn’t justify the price, the other mounts I looked at just didn’t have the quality. I think I achieved the quality at a much lower price.
I haven’t found a sun shield that’s not cumbersome to use and doesn’t get in the way, my shield allows me to access all buttons and is not mounted to the phone. I also made a larger shield for my tablet, I just haven’t found a tablet mount I like yet.

Thanks speedmeister!
I justified mine with ‘protecting ipad’. The ipad cost more than the spark plus the added accessories. No regrets so far.

I would like to see it with the iPad on. I guess I could just imagine it. But here is my main my question... how much heavier is the whole setup? I have a brand new iPad and I thought about using it with the spark but the iPad is so large... I feel like it would be cumbersome. Just my thoughts

I would like to see it with the iPad on. I guess I could just imagine it. But here is my main my question... how much heavier is the whole setup? I have a brand new iPad and I thought about using it with the spark but the iPad is so large... I feel like it would be cumbersome. Just my thoughts
Sorry had to use the phone for the photos :)
This mount is for my iPhone 7plus.

I do fly with a tablet on my 3DR solo transmitter, it’s a bigger heavier transmitter and I’ve found it’s not uncomfortable at all. The tablet is more cumbersome, I do recommend a lanyard.
And I have had the tablet come out of the mount before, but the case saved it.

Last edited:
Reactions: sparkplug

Thanks speedmeister!
I think a mavmount tablet holder would fit in there. There holders have two mounting points you could use to your liking. I have my 10.5 ipad weight on center of remote. I can set the whole thing on a flat surface and would not tip over.

I think a mavmount tablet holder would fit in there. There holders have two mounting points you could use to your liking. I have my 10.5 ipad weight on center of remote. I can set the whole thing on a flat surface and would not tip over.
Ordered a new iPad Pro and a mavmount tablet clamp. The customer service is awesome at mavmount !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar