Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Please help the firmware update caused my SPARK go crazy!

Hamid

Join
Dec 29, 2017
Hi Please help!
I cannot keep control, it looses the GPS connection frequently and drifts away!
This time I used DJI assistance to download the data there are lots of errors that I cannot figure them out, The DAT file is large, cannot upload to this tread but below are some extracts of the information
The only change I have done recently before all these mess pop up was the firmware update few weeks ago
Please somebody help!

The error messages:
SigPlayerProto LeftFront Motor has signal Motor: PWM: LFront that isn't defined
SigPlayerProto LeftFront Motor has signal Motor: PPM: LFront that isn't defined
GeoPath Home has signal HP:Latitude that isn't defined

and the GPS Signal health:
upload_2018-2-18_23-37-8.png

Hi Please help!
This time I used DJI assistance to download the data there are lots of errors that I cannot figure them out, The DAT file is large, cannot upload to this tread but below are some extracts of the information
The only change I have done recently before all these mess pop up was the firmware update few weeks ago
Please somebody help!

The error messages:

View attachment 3602
Hi, @strobing_nyc is right those error messages aren't significant. They are occurring because of the recent signal re-naming that was necessary. All they are really saying is that a previously saved SigPlayer is referring to a signal that has been re-named. I'm working on cleaning this up for the next version.

Can you upload the .DAT to Dropbox, or something similar like GoogleDrive and provide a link so that we can look at the .DAT?

GpsHealth isn't necessarily related to numSats. The GPS coords used by the Flight Controller are estimated based on the GPS data and IMU data. GpsHealth is measure of the quality of the estimated GPS coords. In addition to a low numSats there are other reasons that gpsHealth can be reduced.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hamid
Hi, @strobing_nyc is right those error messages aren't significant. They are occurring because of the recent signal re-naming that was necessary. All they are really saying is that a previously saved SigPlayer is referring to a signal that has been re-named. I'm working on cleaning this up for the next version.

Can you upload the .DAT to Dropbox, or something similar like GoogleDrive and provide a link so that we can look at the .DAT?

GpsHealth isn't necessarily related to numSats. The GPS coords used by the Flight Controller are estimated based on the GPS data and IMU data. GpsHealth is measure of the quality of the estimated GPS coords. In addition to a low numSats there are other reasons that gpsHealth can be reduced.
Hi,
Thanks for the reply,
This is not the error messages only!
The AC behaves oddly!
Frequently loss of GPS connection, compass errors even after calibration every time!
Here is the link to one of many DAT files with similar errors!
DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2018-02-18_23-02-23.DAT
I highly appreciate your assistance in this regard.

Hi Please help!
Please somebody help!

The error messages:

View attachment 3602
I looked at this .DAT quite a bit and I'm still stumped. gpsHealth goes to 0 (making it look like GPS has been lost). That's caused by a YAW ERROR LARGE error (basically saying that the FC thinks that Yaw could be compromised). But, then what causes this. Quite often it's caused by magYaw (heading computed from magnetometer data) not agreeing with Yaw (heading computed by the FC which depends mostly on IMU data). But, that doesn't seem to be the case here.
upload_2018-2-20_5-30-51.png
Between 10 secs and 39.394 secs (where YAW ERROR LARGE occurs) there is some Yaw/magYaw separation but very little immediately preceding the YAW ERROR LARGE.

TotalGyro:Z is computed by DatCon (as is magYaw) and is the integration of Gyro:Z. I.e. it can be used to see changes in heading using just gyro data - no accelerometer or magnetometer data. Comparing totalGyro:Z and magYaw it can be seen there is a difference there as well. In this interval magYaw changes - 87 degrees while totalGyro:Z changes 33 degrees.
upload_2018-2-20_5-45-10.png

Got all that?:). My advice is to calibrate just the IMU and do a test. If that doesn't fix it then calibrate just the compass. If that doesn't fix it then maybe it's time for a trip to DJI repair. I know you said this all started after the last update - you might try down grading but I don't hold much hope for that.

And, I forgot to ask if you've attached any external devices such as a tracker.

Reactions: Hamid
I looked at this .DAT quite a bit and I'm still stumped. gpsHealth goes to 0 (making it look like GPS has been lost). That's caused by a YAW ERROR LARGE error (basically saying that the FC thinks that Yaw could be compromised). But, then what causes this. Quite often it's caused by magYaw (heading computed from magnetometer data) not agreeing with Yaw (heading computed by the FC which depends mostly on IMU data). But, that doesn't seem to be the case here.
View attachment 3621
Between 10 secs and 39.394 secs (where YAW ERROR LARGE occurs) there is some Yaw/magYaw separation but very little immediately preceding the YAW ERROR LARGE.

TotalGyro:Z is computed by DatCon (as is magYaw) and is the integration of Gyro:Z. I.e. it can be used to see changes in heading using just gyro data - no accelerometer or magnetometer data. Comparing totalGyro:Z and magYaw it can be seen there is a difference there as well. In this interval magYaw changes - 87 degrees while totalGyro:Z changes 33 degrees.
View attachment 3622

Got all that?:). My advice is to calibrate just the IMU and do a test. If that doesn't fix it then calibrate just the compass. If that doesn't fix it then maybe it's time for a trip to DJI repair. I know you said this all started after the last update - you might try down grading but I don't hold much hope for that.

And, I forgot to ask if you've attached any external devices such as a tracker.
Thanks for the extensive evaluation!
I tried to re-calibrate both IMU and compass, the calibration was shown as OK but you can't guess the outcome!!
The AC acted like an insane beast, as soon as took off jumped directly toward me! although prop guards were on, it caused a few cuts on my hand and my leg!
I am going to the store tomorrow! unfortunately the open shop period was expired three days ago otherwise I would have been able to ask for a refund, but now I can expect for a repair only!

Thanks for the extensive evaluation!
I tried to re-calibrate both IMU and compass, the calibration was shown as OK but you can't guess the outcome!!
The AC acted like an insane beast, as soon as took off jumped directly toward me! although prop guards were on, it caused a few cuts on my hand and my leg!
I am going to the store tomorrow! unfortunately the open shop period was expired three days ago otherwise I would have been able to ask for a refund, but now I can expect for a repair only!
You might find this interesting
Frequent loss of GPS connection and Compass error in the middle o...

I posted at the end of that thread.

Today I surrendered the spark to the store which I bought for repair! regardless of the outcome I am not happy about Spark performance! I was not able to make a reliable fly yet since I bought the AC, every time it started to drift and I had trouble to return it! and now it is ended up with repair and warranty! No body buys such expensive to end up with repair and warranty!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex