Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Poll: To update or not? The experience with Android vs. iOS

Are updates causes you problems?

• I have had serious problems with updates. I fly Android

• I have NOT had serious problems with updates. I fly Android

• I have had serious problems with updates. I fly iOS

• I have NOT had serious problems with updates. I fly iOS

Results are only viewable after voting.
With hope that members participate to the pool...

Apple peeps will vote Apple, Android peeps will vote Android.

That's the whole idea.

People are complaining without including which OS they are using. It is likely effecting one more than the other. Or maybe it's only a small problem. There's no data.

It's a poll -- not a popularity contest

So do I. You can take the pool twice

I can change a vote, but I can't vote twice.
It's not like the U.S. elections. ?:D

But for what it's worth, I have NO problem with any of them.

Firmware, GO4, and device updates, not a problem since July 2017.

I fly via WiFi connection most times and find the mini4 better, but the Droids hang in there and I haven't lost my Spark yet.

Samsung Galaxy S7.
Motorola Moto z2.
IPad mini4 Wifi only.

I can change a vote, but I can't vote twice.
It's not like the U.S. elections. ?:D

But for what it's worth, I have NO problem with any of them.

Firmware, GO4, and device updates, not a problem since July 2017.

I fly via WiFi connection most times and find the mini4 better, but the Droids hang in there and I haven't lost my Spark yet.

Samsung Galaxy S7.
Motorola Moto z2.
IPad mini4 Wifi only.

Yep. According to the results it appears that most pilots are having no problems (regardless of which OS they use).

All of these "problems" with upgrades, OTG cables and battery drop outs are exaggerated in forums by selection bias. People come here to complain so they are disproportionately represented here. They happen occasionally -- but so do car accidents. It's not cause and effect -- just an artifact of how they are reported

Reactions: Frank P
That's the whole idea.

People are complaining without including which OS they are using. It is likely effecting one more than the other. Or maybe it's only a small problem. There's no data.

It's a poll -- not a popularity contest

Understood :)

FWIW I mostly use Android and have had no problems, but I have also used it on an ipad on occasions and had no problems.

I use iOS and Android too.

I also fly my Mavics, using the same devices.

I update software, if there's an improvement for my drones.

So, my firmware versions are not always the last ones (depends on the drone), but I use the last version of Go4, because I need it for my Mavic 2.
The only issue I have is, that I cannot fly my spark with my Lenovo Tab 4, using last version of Go4. In this case, I installed a moded version of Go4, together with the original app.

I use iPhone 6, iPhone 7, iPad mini 4 (cellular ver), Huawei T5, Xiaomi Redmi 4 pro, and a Lenovo Tab 4 (cellular).

I don't update if I can help it.
I prefer Android in life and in general.
I bought an Ipod mini4, never a problem with Go4, occasionally with my Android stuff. :-(

I fly android, a samsung galaxy tab A, 8 inch. I use both wifi and otg. I keep all of the software updated, but i dont really have a compelling reason why. I dont get to fly much here in rainy coastal virginia, USA, but never had problems. Best of luck:)

I don't update if I can help it.
I prefer Android in life and in general.
I bought an Ipod mini4, never a problem with Go4, occasionally with my Android stuff. :-(
If it ain't broke ==============don't fix it, I never update

at the start, i flew with Sony XZ1 Android phone. My daily moblie phone. I then changed to an old iPhone 6 Plus I had laying around just so I wasn't using my phone and the fact iOS was meant to be better..... The only real difference i see is that ios has DJI assisstant for ease of updates i surmise. The iPhone is being traded in next weekend for a Google pixel 2 XL and some daydream 2 VR goggles in my local used tech store. I also have an ipad mini 4 my dad doesnt use anymore as he got the new one. So if it gets that bad i can use it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spark 317

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef