Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

poloroid sunglasses

Malc

Join
Jan 1, 2019
Even with sunshade on my phone I still have difficulty seeing the screen. I wear normal auto darkening glasses and was wondering if clip on Polaroid sunglasses would help.

Reactions: Andre Levite
Even with sunshade on my phone I still have difficulty seeing the screen. I wear normal auto darkening glasses and was wondering if clip on Polaroid sunglasses would help.

I have tried polarized and standard sunglasses but feel I can see the screen better with them off.

It's critically important to check your phone's screen Settings and make sure that Brightness is locked to Manual Mode and not in Auto. Then you can select the brightest setting and the screen won't automatically the fade when sensor detects sunlight.

I try hard to stand in the shade or keep my back to the sun so light is decreased. Even then a good sunshade really helps. Early and late in the day sun is low in the sky (Golden Hour) and screen looks best.

Some sun shades only protect 3 sides of the phone and light still washes out the screen. I have modified my shades cover all 4 sides and extended the depth so zero direct sun reaches the screen.

I just used some thick cardboard covered with black duct tape for professional looking results. The bottom side swings open with Velcro so still fingers can still easily access the touch screen. The whole thing folds completely flat for transport.

I've been meaning to make a video showing the design and DIY construction steps. Works better than the ones I've bought online.

I have tried polarized and standard sunglasses but feel I can see the screen better with them off.

It's critically important to check your phone's screen Settings and make sure that Brightness is locked to Manual Mode and not in Auto. Then you can select the brightest setting and the screen won't automatically the fade when sensor detects sunlight.
This is not correct. When you set the brightness to Auto, the screen will dim if in a dark environment and it will brighten of in a light environment. This makes sense: in the dark, you don't want to be blinded by the screen and in direct sunlight, you want the screen at its brightest

Sunglasses will dim everything, including your screen. So it does make your screen harder to read.
I don't know about polarized sunglasses. I assume they work like normal sunglasses so they won't help at all.

I you have trouble reading the screen in direct sunlight, it helps a lot to keep your screen clean, to prevent scratches and to use a sunshade.

Reactions: Andre Levite
This is not correct. When you set the brightness to Auto, the screen will dim if in a dark environment and it will brighten of in a light environment. This makes sense: in the dark, you don't want to be blinded by the screen and in direct sunlight, you want the screen at its brightest

Sunglasses will dim everything, including your screen. So it does make your screen harder to read.
I don't know about polarized sunglasses. I assume they work like normal sunglasses so they won't help at all.

I you have trouble reading the screen in direct sunlight, it helps a lot to keep your screen clean, to prevent scratches and to use a sunshade.

I typed that exactly backwards. My bad. But the instructions are the same "you want the screen brightness set to Manual at the maximum brightness" for uh... maximum brightness

Reactions: Multikoe

I try hard to stand in the shade or keep my back to the sun so light is decreased. Even then a good sunshade really helps. Early and late in the day sun is low in the sky (Golden Hour) and screen looks best.

Some sun shades only protect 3 sides of the phone and light still washes out the screen. I have modified my shades cover all 4 sides and extended the depth so zero direct sun reaches the screen.

I just used some thick cardboard covered with black duct tape for professional looking results. The bottom side swings open with Velcro so still fingers can still easily access the touch screen. The whole thing folds completely flat for transport.

I've been meaning to make a video showing the design and DIY construction steps. Works better than the ones I've bought online.
I would love to see a picture of your hood extension, Been thinking of making one for mine.

I would love to see a picture of your hood extension, Been thinking of making one for mine.

This is the one that I purchased for my mini4 as demonstrated buy YouTuber, Peter Homer if you don't want to make your own.

Same concept and works very well on bright days.

Reactions: ZPARK
My experience with polarised sunglasses is that I cannot use them inside my card because my digital dasboard has orange type of figures in the display and with those sunglasses I see no figures at all, just vertical stripes. So not sure if you can use them with (all) type of displays.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis