Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Ponmudi hill top, Kerala, India

Beautiful shot. But why are there restrictions in a seemingly secluded place?

I have no idea ....as we have no proper way to register our drones here in India...and the police just confiscate it on sight, can't even argue as to why it is no allowed with the police officials
Beautiful shot. But why are there restrictions in a seemingly secluded place?

I have no idea ....as we have no proper way to register our drones here in India...and the police just confiscate it on sight, can't even argue as to why it is no allowed with the police officials
I see. Fly safe mate. Don't get arrested for flying a drone.

Um..where does it say there's a restriction?

Really old thread and posts.
Now it seems India has made some way with drone regulations / rules.

You (locals) can register drones there and fly, sub 250g you don't have to register, just follow the usual rules (VLOS, 400', airspace zones, etc).

Possibly foreigners are not permitted to fly a drone in India, very poor from their govco, as it does have some beautiful country form what I've seen (massive country of course).

Same in Canada... foreigners are barred from operating drones here. It seems a shame to exclude techy tourists in this way, but I supposed enforcement of no fly zones (penalties after the fact) would be near impossible. Govt has got to extract their fines somehow.

Same in Canada... foreigners are barred from operating drones here.

It’s a shame for sure, and really at odds with pretty much every other western country policies.
I don’t think it would deter me from visiting Canada, but if I had a choice of going somewhere as beautiful like AK, it might be enough to sway me going elsewhere.
2 weeks skiing in Canada I could easily leave a drone out of the bag though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex