Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Poole, UK

Greekislandlover

Join
Feb 4, 2019
The story here is that over the winter the local authority have drained the lake to dredge some mud and make islands for wildlife refuges. The problem was one of the diggers got stuck, so they sent in another that also got stuck. Both then sank deeper over the following days, and attempts to move them. It was like this for a few days causing a local tourist attraction. I went down as it was a clear evening and watched them drag the last stuck digger out. They had moved digger #2 by the time I got there, but it did look look like the one doing the dragging was in danger of dragging itself in too :)

I was flying in a very public manner - taking off and landing near people. Got to say that the reaction was interest - not abuse. One lady saw me make the decision to not take off until she and her dog were safely past and thanked me. Two other ladies started chatting and wanted to see the pictures so they were watching the screen over my shoulders at very, very close quarters. People were amazed at the control you have more than anything. I think people expect drones (especially small ones) to behave like a toy and be uncontrollable, and to see someone doing photography in a considerate manner is a pleasant surprise to some. Got to say that's typical of my experience so far.

Video

Stuck proper indeed! :eek: Nice documentary on that situation. Did they ever get the equipment out of there?

WoW! That was surely a poorly planned exercise. Nice video and I like your commentary.

Yes, they did get all the equipment out but the lake is still mud, and I don't think they have put the diggers back since!

This was the Day before with the two vehicles stuck firmly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme