Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Problems with Spark remote and a solution

AeroMirage

Premium Pilot
Join
Jul 28, 2017
Loc
North Carolina
. Ok, The Spark is an impressive piece of engineering and workmanship. It still amazes me despite it's flaws. The App keeps crashing. Constantly. Hopefully this will be fixed in a FW update... soon!!
But the one thing that has bothered me from the start is the way the remote [loosely] "holds" your phone.
MAV1.jpg
Now, I realize that cost was an issue as well as compact size, but the phone holder quite frankly SUX!!
Solution: Mavmount.
P1080694.JPG
. Let's get this outta the way. I am not connected with them, paid by them or advertising for them. I am simply passing along my opinion of a product that I think is excellent in both design and build. And, I think reasonably priced. $59 complete plus $7.25 shipping. There are some upgrade options available also.

. This thing fits, Holds the phone securely in it's protective cover. The angle is adjustable.
No longer do I constantly wonder if my phone is going to fall on the ground.... naked!!
One less major distraction!!
P1080698.JPG P1080696.JPG P1080688.JPG P1080687.JPG

Pfft...
I assume the rubber grips are the same as the Mavic's controller (i dont own a spark controller).
You can still use your bumper case on your phone by removing the lower (or upper) rubber grip mount. Just remove the 3 screws and jiggle the rubber mounts out and insert 1 back in. The issue with this method is that it can block the home button.
Another option would be to use a box cutter and trim the rubber to a gradient slope. This would make a wide to narrow grip. I use this method as it does not block the home button and allows more flexibility with phones/devices.

Last edited:
I have absolutely no problem with the controller holding an iPhone 7+. The OTG cable locks it in on the right side and the left side is snug. Maybe yours is defective.

An IPhone probably does fit a little better, but a Samsung Galaxy doesn't, which I think is a very common phone. Between the length, the home button being pressed and having to take it out of the case every time, I'll stick with the Mavmount.

Shave Controller 2.jpg Shave Controller 3.jpg Shave Controller.jpg

. Ok, The Spark is an impressive piece of engineering and workmanship. It still amazes me despite it's flaws. The App keeps crashing. Constantly. Hopefully this will be fixed in a FW update... soon!!
But the one thing that has bothered me from the start is the way the remote [loosely] "holds" your phone.
View attachment 924
Now, I realize that cost was an issue as well as compact size, but the phone holder quite frankly SUX!!
Solution: Mavmount.
View attachment 925
. Let's get this outta the way. I am not connected with them, paid by them or advertising for them. I am simply passing along my opinion of a product that I think is excellent in both design and build. And, I think reasonably priced. $59 complete plus $7.25 shipping. There are some upgrade options available also.

. This thing fits, Holds the phone securely in it's protective cover. The angle is adjustable.
No longer do I constantly wonder if my phone is going to fall on the ground.... naked!!
One less major distraction!!
View attachment 929 View attachment 928 View attachment 927 View attachment 926

We agree, the Mavmount is an excellent design for the Spark and Mavic. We have found that it works well with the high brightness 5.5" Crystalsky monitor.

mavmount.jpg

I have a 6S+ iPhone in a Lifeproof case, I cut down the rubber with a box cutter and it fits well though only using maybe a 1/4 of the RC's grip area. That modification and a OTG cable with right angle connectors have made it an easy set up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex