Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Propellers installed on wrong motors and they won't come off!

CenCalSparky

Join
Nov 23, 2018
So, I recently purchased another "slightly used a few times" Flymore Combo Spark on EBay. All was well until I did my prefight inspections and decided to replace the props. First two came off easily. The next one and then the other, would not. I noticed the second two props were installed on the wrong motors. If you don't know, the shafts are marked, one with white marker, the other without. Props have the same markers. And they lock in different directions.
I searched my most favorite Forum (this one) and saw a few threads about a similar problem.

Here was my solution- gently attempt to remove the props while holding the motor case with your fingers. After thee tries I folded the props together and used the blade tip for a bit more force. One prop came loose with no damage, the other broke the locking tab on the prop. I shook the piece of plastic out of the motor case. I did a "No Props" power up and the motors seemed to be good.
Good news- I installed new props and went for a few test spins around my neighborhood in central California, no problems.

Two observations-
First, I am guessing the props being installed in the wrong place might have made the original Pilot have some control issues and thus decide to rid himself of the Spark. Whatever it was all good for me.
Second- the Preflight inspection etc is very important!

OK true confession time- This is my second Spark. First unit went swimming in Lake Atitlan, Guatemala and never came up for air. No- you don't get any more details! However, I do accept full responsibility :(

Carry on my wayward Son,

CenCalSparky

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland CenCalSparky.

Welcome to the Forum. ?

3BBgMnm.png
to the forum CenCalSparky ?

Reactions: Haggi
Their loss was your gain!

I haven't put a drone in an inaccessible place, yet. Came close one day.

So, I recently purchased another "slightly used a few times" Flymore Combo Spark on EBay. All was well until I did my prefight inspections and decided to replace the props. First two came off easily. The next one and then the other, would not. I noticed the second two props were installed on the wrong motors. If you don't know, the shafts are marked, one with white marker, the other without. Props have the same markers. And they lock in different directions.
I searched my most favorite Forum (this one) and saw a few threads about a similar problem.

Here was my solution- gently attempt to remove the props while holding the motor case with your fingers. After thee tries I folded the props together and used the blade tip for a bit more force. One prop came loose with no damage, the other broke the locking tab on the prop. I shook the piece of plastic out of the motor case. I did a "No Props" power up and the motors seemed to be good.
Good news- I installed new props and went for a few test spins around my neighborhood in central California, no problems.

Two observations-
First, I am guessing the props being installed in the wrong place might have made the original Pilot have some control issues and thus decide to rid himself of the Spark. Whatever it was all good for me.
Second- the Preflight inspection etc is very important!

OK true confession time- This is my second Spark. First unit went swimming in Lake Atitlan, Guatemala and never came up for air. No- you don't get any more details! However, I do accept full responsibility :(

Carry on my wayward Son,

CenCalSparky
Hello and Welcome from Mississippi!

Thanks for sharing your story with us and safe flying. Welcome to the forum. Scooter from Palm Coast, Florida

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers