Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Purchased a Spark from a store that was a floor model and i need to reset it.

Gabriel

Join
Dec 18, 2017
Loc
Europe
This model i got is acting strange, the settings where modified by a previous customer who returned it, i am assuming someone tested Litchi to something else, anyway i need to know how to reset the spark to its default factory settings.,

in addition to all this i cant even fly it outside due to terrible weather where we live and im sort of confused about the camera quality, tons of jiter.

You can reset or upgrade the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 application (see more details here). Doing either will reset the settings on the Spark.

I actually work for a retailer, stupidly i took a spark out to demo and then quickly realised it activated to me, i don't want this to be an issue for someone who buys it in the future is there something i can do so the next person won't lose their warranty?

I actually work for a retailer, stupidly i took a spark out to demo and then quickly realised it activated to me, i don't want this to be an issue for someone who buys it in the future is there something i can do so the next person won't lose their warranty?
That is exactly what the retailer just told me, he had activated it a few weeks prior to my purchase, he said its ok to register with dji for insurance as long as the unit is working and i can make a video if this..

i don't want this to be an issue for someone who buys it in the future is there something i can do so the next person won't lose their warranty?
Since you registered the Spark in DJI GO, the warranty period is being reduced as each day passes. The buyer could of course extend it by buying DJI Care Refresh after purchasing the Spark. As @Gabriel noted though, that'll require the buyer to submit a video to DJI like this.

Since you registered the Spark in DJI GO, the warranty period is being reduced as each day passes. The buyer could of course extend it by buying DJI Care Refresh after purchasing the Spark. As @Gabriel noted though, that'll require the buyer to submit a video to DJI like this.
scary, assuming this is the same for mavic pros and phantoms how can anyone verify if its been activated?

how can anyone verify if its been activated?
Make sure the Spark box is sealed before you take it home (or after you receive it in the mail). If it's not, then send it back and request a new Spark (if that's what you purchased).

When connecting the Spark to DJI GO for the first time, you'll be prompted to register it if it has never been registered. With an open box Spark, that would be the only way to tell if it has been registered by someone else.

Hmmmm this is all a bit tricky, working in retail as long as i have i can imagine the conversation i would have with a customer if i asked them to part with £449 for something that doesn't have a full warranty... my way round it was i just bought the Spark... I’m gonna hold it for a month or so then return it..... then get one of the other colours which i like, Sorry Gabriel that i can't be more help to you it sounds like the way forward is to not buy used DJI Drones.... unless you get a bargain price for them..

Hmmmm this is all a bit tricky, working in retail as long as i have i can imagine the conversation i would have with a customer if i asked them to part with £449 for something that doesn't have a full warranty... my way round it was i just bought the Spark... I’m gonna hold it for a month or so then return it..... then get one of the other colours which i like, Sorry Gabriel that i can't be more help to you it sounds like the way forward is to not buy used DJI Drones.... unless you get a bargain price for them..
i agree, but they where not posted in the store as used but instead as returned, the store only gives customers 15 days to return electronics., assuming they are not satisfied with them and all is as new.
Then they give 10% discounts when the items are back on the shelf.

What i dont understand is how anyone would activate a DJI product with out realizing it, is it done upon creating an account? because if it is they should mention NOT to activate it unless the person accepts ownership....then if an issue how does one return it to the store once DJI claims it was activated and their responsibility..

BTW color is not a decent excuse to return anything to this FRENCH store im talking about.

What i dont understand is how anyone would activate a DJI product with out realizing it, is it done upon creating an account
Here's the Spark activation process in DJI GO:

Here's the Spark activation process in DJI GO:

So infact to try it you need to first ACTIVATE it and your trapped once you do?

Most new users would not of thought the activation included warranty but instead simply activating software sync with the drone.

Trapped in which way?

Trapped in which way?
I just added the line, most people assume an activation is between the DRONE and Software, its not clear that it also includes the warranty based on their process.

As it states the default account activated with cannot be changed once activated.

Why not mention that the activation will be a one time process which your warranty will go into effect so dont bother returning it to a store near you as your now the first and final owner if it has a problems..in other words your SCREWED if you changed your mind and want a mavic or phantom lol

I also found this while googling more info on activation i was not aware off., i dont feel good about buying their products any more although they are great something better could be done to assure quality control and safety., but the link below clearly tells me that DJI has more control of their products then the customers who paid them, they dont need to have this much control.

https://gizmodo.com/dji-will-cripple-your-drone-if-you-dont-register-it-on-1795427600

Last edited:
ok so i got a new one, combo version and all (sadly the red ones are more expensive in France) and i have been flying it for the last 48 hours already ;)

im reading on how to activate it AFTER 48 hours now lol!

im attached to this cutie, i jetted over an amusement park my friends own in sports mode and created spheric pano photos! un believable..only wish the controller had a dial like the mavic pro (so i can adjust the brightness)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena