Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Question on DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0

McCloudSpark

Join
Dec 24, 2018
Could you boil down the longstanding thread about this app so I don't have to sift through 63 pages of posts?
What is it?
Why would I want to use it?
Thanks!

It explains what it does on the first post of the first page.

This is one of the features...
  • Enabled Intelligent Flight Modes from the Mavic Pro for the Spark.

Does one load the lite or the full version for flying spark?

I have no idea.
I haven't tried it as I still have some warranty left on my Spark but I have followed the thread since it started and it seems a lot of pilots like it and the app seems to work.

It's like getting a whole new Spark with the added features.

Reach out to one of the other pilots in that thread for additional answers.

Good luck. ?

I heard there is a way to do it for iOS but I think it’s risky which is what I have heard. Not much I can find on it. Some people do say that some older versions of go 4 had better range and video signal. Not sure how maybe older versions were just less of a resource hog.

Is it safe to presume Go 4 Mod 2.0 is not sanctioned by DJI? My Spark was bought used, so warranty is not a consideration at this point, but I'm curious from a legal liability standpoint. Kind of like people that modify various items and that item is involved in some malfunction causing personal/property damage. Lawyers would try to show modifying anything not approved by the manufacturer was negligent. I don't want to overthink this, just wondering.

Is it safe to presume Go 4 Mod 2.0 is not sanctioned by DJI? My Spark was bought used, so warranty is not a consideration at this point, but I'm curious from a legal liability standpoint. Kind of like people that modify various items and that item is involved in some malfunction causing personal/property damage. Lawyers would try to show modifying anything not approved by the manufacturer was negligent. I don't want to overthink this, just wondering.

I am betting that regardless of mods, if you do some damage with any drone, they will come after you. Someone will.

Nope, not sanctioned! Its hackware.

This has "Sparked" my curiosity... (ha ha!) Do all the intelligent flight modes work then work with the Spark as compared to the MP as this modded software claims? I know about Cinematic and the Waypoints, what about terrain follow / course lock / POI, and some of those others?

Last edited:
Reactions: SoccerRef12
My curiosity also has been "Sparked". I've read through about 1/3 of the 66 pages of posts, so maybe more of the questions I have will be addressed. I queried YT, but it looks like most of the videos on Go 4 Mod 2.0 are in languages I don't understand. I watch some of them anyway, hoping I can pickup something by context. Still, a really well constructed orientation/tutorial on everything from installing the Mod to using the various added functions would be huge. I've seen some good videos showcasing other apps like Litchi, Drone Harmony and the others, but Mod 2.0 looks like it does what the others do already.

Reactions: SoccerRef12
My curiosity also has been "Sparked". I've read through about 1/3 of the 66 pages of posts, so maybe more of the questions I have will be addressed. I queried YT, but it looks like most of the videos on Go 4 Mod 2.0 are in languages I don't understand. I watch some of them anyway, hoping I can pickup something by context. Still, a really well constructed orientation/tutorial on everything from installing the Mod to using the various added functions would be huge. I've seen some good videos showcasing other apps like Litchi, Drone Harmony and the others, but Mod 2.0 looks like it does what the others do already.

The biggest advantage of Mod 2.0 is the Cinematic mode. There are quite a few "third party" or non-DJI apps available now and they offer quite a few additional features over the official Go4 app but as far as I am aware, non of them have the Cinematic mode. I understand that the reason why people don't like to talk about Mod 2.0 app is that it is nothing but a cracked version of the official DJI Go4. It doesn't have an official web page or online support and it has spread mainly through the word of mouth and through forums like these. But having said that, DJI doesn't approve of "third party" apps like Litchi, Drone Harmony too and although you may find "online support" for them, DJI won't honour the warranty if they find out that we crashed by using one of those apps.

Reactions: I B Spectre
The biggest advantage of Mod 2.0 is the Cinematic mode. There are quite a few "third party" or non-DJI apps available now and they offer quite a few additional features over the official Go4 app but as far as I am aware, non of them have the Cinematic mode. I understand that the reason why people don't like to talk about Mod 2.0 app is that it is nothing but a cracked version of the official DJI Go4. It doesn't have an official web page or online support and it has spread mainly through the word of mouth and through forums like these. But having said that, DJI doesn't approve of "third party" apps like Litchi, Drone Harmony too and although you may find "online support" for them, DJI won't honour the warranty if they find out that we crashed by using one of those apps.
I understand the concerns, particularly regarding warranty invalidation. It's also understandable that DJI cannot approve of anything they do not control. We can't expect them to be responsible for any issue caused by the unauthorized use of hardware or software they did not create.

I see your point about 3rd party apps such as Litchi, DH, Dronelink, Red Waypoint and others that are made for profit and, as such, offer support which the cracked Go 4 Mod does not. Maybe at some point an enthusiast will compile a video that shows the expanded features of Mod 2.0. I'm amazed at the number videos showing how to circumvent things like NFZs, altitude, etc., things that can be dangerous and illegal. Above all, I want an app that allows me to operate safely within the law and gives me features heretofore unavailable to the Spark. Until then, I'll keep reading posts from those who have hands-on experience with all these apps. Thanks for your input!

Reactions: nilanjan118
I understand the concerns, particularly regarding warranty invalidation. It's also understandable that DJI cannot approve of anything they do not control. We can't expect them to be responsible for any issue caused by the unauthorized use of hardware or software they did not create.

I see your point about 3rd party apps such as Litchi, DH, Dronelink, Red Waypoint and others that are made for profit and, as such, offer support which the cracked Go 4 Mod does not. Maybe at some point an enthusiast will compile a video that shows the expanded features of Mod 2.0. I'm amazed at the number videos showing how to circumvent things like NFZs, altitude, etc., things that can be dangerous and illegal. Above all, I want an app that allows me to operate safely within the law and gives me features heretofore unavailable to the Spark. Until then, I'll keep reading posts from those who have hands-on experience with all these apps. Thanks for your input!

I have started using Mod 2.0 only from the last week. Till now I have tried the normal mode, cinematic mode and POI mode on it. All work well. As I said in the previous post, the Mod 2.0 is nothing but a cracked version of the official DJI Go4 app which means it unlocks features which are "officially" locked for the Spark. None of those features are dangerous. And I think there are mainly 2 reasons they locked those features for the Spark.

1. They wanted to classify the Spark as their "entry-level" drone and make those features exclusive to the Mavic and higher series.
2. Due to its hardware limitations, absence of 3rd axis on the gimbal for example, some features like POI don't give the best results with the Spark. I feel DJI didn't want their inbox to be flooded with mails like "POI is not giving me smooth video" etc. and that's why they kept those features locked.

Last edited:
Reactions: I B Spectre

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme