Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

questions about editing in the DJI app

bdee1

Join
Jul 26, 2018
Hi,
I just started playing around with editing in the dji Go app. I actually like it but I have a couple questions.

1) when I have a clip on the timeline and i want to trim the clip, I know that I can grab the handle on the left or tight and just drag it. most of the time when I try to do this, somehow i miss the handle end end up dragging the clip instead of trimming it. is there a trick that I am missing for being able to consistently grab the handle for trimming?

2) i like the titles in the app, but i don't see a way to edit the text on any of them except with the first one. For instance, I like the "Life in Motion" title, bus is there any way to make it say something different.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pursuer
1. I think it’s just finicky. I find it easier to make clips and save as new footage so there is not so much dragging on the ends.

2. You can’t edit the ones like the one you are referring to.

It’s a useful feature in the app but it’s limited.

I am trying to use the App for OTG video editing and posting. So far all I have been able to do is make clips. It fails to save but it completes its thing to 100 percent though. I have Power Director on my phone and I love it, but just wanted to give the DJI app a try. It works for one clip. It was about 13 sec. I want to do 30 sec to a minute of mutiple clips.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andre Levite
No matter which program you use the cached video on the phone is only 720 (low resolution). It may look okay on your phone's Camera Roll or inside the app but once it gets uploaded the compression will make it worse. It's okay for casual sharing but you may be disappointed if you're trying to show your footage in all its glory. Very quick and convenient tho

It is possible to upload the 1080 footage on the card to your phone with an SD adapter. Or better yet transfer the SD files to your computer and try iMovie or Windows Movie Maker.

I look forward to seeing your creations!

No matter which program you use the cached video on the phone is only 720 (low resolution). It may look okay on your phone's Camera Roll or inside the app but once it gets uploaded the compression will make it worse. It's okay for casual sharing but you may be disappointed if you're trying to show your footage in all its glory. Very quick and convenient tho

It is possible to upload the 1080 footage on the card to your phone with an SD adapter. Or better yet transfer the SD files to your computer and try iMovie or Windows Movie Maker.

I look forward to seeing your creations!

My question wasn't about quality but the workings of the DJi editing app. I am familiar with post production editing in many formats. I am only doing social media now. I am looking for convenience and staying in the app to do everything. My last Android phone worked fine for my purposes and I got quite a few videos from the app. My new phone was made in May 2018 so it should work better. As I wrote in the first post I get a failed message. This is a problem with the app itself. I have already exported my clips so I can edit it in Power Director. I know their small but that is okay for a phone. I looked on the DJI web site and a lot of other people have the same problem. It hasn't been resolved there either. I am looking for a technical solution and so far DJI hasn't responded on their site. I thought I'd reach out elsewhere. I did get one clip to work as intended.

My question wasn't about quality but the workings of the DJi editing app. I am familiar with post production editing in many formats. I am only doing social media now. I am looking for convenience and staying in the app to do everything. My last Android phone worked fine for my purposes and I got quite a few videos from the app. My new phone was made in May 2018 so it should work better. As I wrote in the first post I get a failed message. This is a problem with the app itself. I have already exported my clips so I can edit it in Power Director. I know their small but that is okay for a phone. I looked on the DJI web site and a lot of other people have the same problem. It hasn't been resolved there either. I am looking for a technical solution and so far DJI hasn't responded on their site. I thought I'd reach out elsewhere. I did get one clip to work as intended.

If you are okay with the poor resolution of the DJI Go Editor but it keeps hanging up then I'd uninstall then reinstall the app. I had the same issue about 6 months ago and that fixed it.

I hope that works for you as well

Reactions: fmpdx
I am trying to use the App for OTG video editing and posting. So far all I have been able to do is make clips. It fails to save but it completes its thing to 100 percent though. I have Power Director on my phone and I love it, but just wanted to give the DJI app a try. It works for one clip. It was about 13 sec. I want to do 30 sec to a minute of mutiple clips.

There's a new update to DJI Go app (dated 1/23/2019). The release notes list "improves stability of Editor" among the fixes.

Worth a try...

I tried the latest, cleaned my cache and data and still have the same problems. I guess I'm stuck editing in Adobe Premiere on my laptop.

The DJI go4 app works well for me on iPhone8plus and iPad mini ver3. Might be an issue if on Android devices?

I downloaded the latest version as they told me and it still does the same thing. I can make clips easily but I have to use another editor to make a movie.

My Samsung phone just got updated. I have the latest update. I deleted some apps and it still won't work. I give up in trying to use the editor.

Hi there,
from my experience, it's only about the fingers :) and touchscreen sensitivity.
I've put together a video on editing with the DJI Go4 Editor. Maybe it helps.

For me its not the fingers but something else. Something with my phone and the app. The phone is a Samsung newer model and works fine for everything else. The app is fine for everything else. For editing I use Power Director and have no problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme