Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Rainbow in the west

Spark 317

Well known member with a Spark and a Mavic Air 2.
Premium Pilot
Join
Jul 10, 2017
Loc
Indiana, USA
I was out this morning capturing a sunrise...

org_1f7fa392b06f04e1_1558261336000.jpg

We are expected to get some rain later this morning but it sprinkled about 6 drops of rain on my mini4 while flying so I thought maybe it was coming sooner than expected.

With all my concentration to the east to capture a sunrise, I didn't notice the rainbow behind me in the west until I was returning to home and saw this.

20190519_070638.jpg

From what I gather, rainbows in the west are rare in the northern hemisphere as they usually appear in the east after a storm has passed late in the day.

Guess it pays to look around every once in a while.
Your next photo opportunity may be right behind you. ?

Your experience reminds me of my own which I had earlier this year. I was trying to get some footage and pictures of snow early morning which had fallen the evening before. Similar to you, I was shooting in the opposite direction of the sun so that I could get good lighting on my photos and videos.
DJI_2970.JPG

I only turned around when I was left with about 30% battery and the view had me mesmerised. It remains to this day one of my best clicks with the Spark.
DJI_2940.jpg

View attachment 10004

We are expected to get some rain later this morning but it sprinkled about 6 drops of rain on my mini4 while flying so I thought maybe it was coming sooner than expected.

With all my concentration to the east to capture a sunrise, I didn't notice the rainbow behind me in the west until I was returning to home and saw this.

View attachment 10026

From what I gather, rainbows in the west are rare in the northern hemisphere as they usually appear in the east after a storm has passed late in the day.

I've never seen a rainbow like that! Too many mountains and hills here to see the complete arc. AND the sunset ain't to bad either :cool:

View attachment 10004

View attachment 10026

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme