Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Range Extenders

srcrain

Join
May 30, 2017
Will the parabolic range extenders that I have for the Mavic work on the Spark? Obviously, they will fit, but is there anything related to the wifi frequency of the Spark (2.4 or 5.8 ghz) that creates an issue where they shouldn't be used?

Although I didn't really notice a difference using them on the Mavic, they are just sitting at home doing nothing, so I thought I would try them on the Spark. Just another 1000 feet of range would be nice.

If they work at all ( i own cheap once and i *think* they get +30% range) the will only work if in 2.4G mode IMO.
But then they SHOULD work :)

Ender

I'd like to hear the reasoning behind that statement.
Hi !
Well, the precision of these extender is a bit laughable, they ought to have a wavelength distance from the Antenna at all time.

But looking at them they have bumps, they are not perfectly parallel to the ANtenna and so on --> imperfect.

And these Problems that lead to NO good efficiency (My "felt" 20 to 30 percent are not as good as one could imagine these to work). Willonly get worse for 5.8G which is half the wavelength thus having more mixup (temporal) and higher problems with distance imperfections.

But of course i'd be happy to stand corrected, i am in CE Country here and need every erg of Tx power :)

I solved that by adding RP-SMA & better Antennae.

Ender

They're not marketed or priced as a precision device, all they do is reflect radio waves in a certain direction. I use them on my other aircraft all the time, and I'd argue they're one of the best "accessories" you can buy for the money. I'm not trying to go an extra 2 miles, I just want a little help keeping a good signal, and as long as I point the RC in the direction of the A/C, they do that.

Reactions: brasda91
Will the parabolic range extenders that I have for the Mavic work on the Spark? Obviously, they will fit, but is there anything related to the wifi frequency of the Spark (2.4 or 5.8 ghz) that creates an issue where they shouldn't be used?

Although I didn't really notice a difference using them on the Mavic, they are just sitting at home doing nothing, so I thought I would try them on the Spark. Just another 1000 feet of range would be nice.
Won't hurt to try them...I too never noticed a difference when I used them on my Mavic

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex