Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Range seems be a lot less here in Ireland

Moore887

Join
Mar 20, 2018
On holidays in Ireland and it seems when I fly the drone, I get weak signal errors almost immediately.

I wonder are their regional settings I should be looking at? I think I did see something at some stage saying I was in a different region.

Thanks

After you click "Go Fly" in the DJI software you should see a signal strength meter. Check that you have a strong signal and that there are no other nearby channels that also have a strong or stronger signal. You could be getting interference from another channel. Also be sure that you're in the correct time zone.

On holidays in Ireland and it seems when I fly the drone, I get weak signal errors almost immediately.

I wonder are their regional settings I should be looking at? I think I did see something at some stage saying I was in a different region.

Thanks

If live in the USA, you are under the FCC range of operation, which allows further distances, and if you traveled to a CE country, then you are operating under their range of operation, which are limited.

Here are some threads concerning the Fake GPS apps that a lot of the members use to fool the Spark into thinking it's still in a America and fly further in the CE regions.

You might be able to do this while still on vacation if you have time to mess with it.

Good Luck.

Reactions: Andre Levite

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme