Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Red Arrow

Icemanwbs

Join
Jul 31, 2018
Anyone know why my spark faces one way, yet the red arrow on controller faces different ?20181017_085108.jpg

Tap the icon in the top left to lock on North?

Wait, wouldn't that just lock the arrow, regardless of what direction the spark is flying ?

It locks the map with North at the top.

The red arrow will rotate with Spark.

When mine did that,I did a compass calibration! Fixed it!;)

Anyone know why my spark faces one way, yet the red arrow on controller faces different ?View attachment 7278
If the red arrow heading indicator is not consistent with the AC's actual orientation that means that the Yaw value is incorrect. Launching under this condition will likely result in erratic flight, possibly a fly away. The only way to fix this is to move the AC to another location. Calibrating the compass won't fix this.

I suspect that there is rebar or some other ferrous material in the asphalt directly under the Spark.

If the red arrow heading indicator is not consistent with the AC's actual orientation that means that the Yaw value is incorrect. Launching under this condition will likely result in erratic flight, possibly a fly away. The only way to fix this is to move the AC to another location. Calibrating the compass won't fix this.

I suspect that there is rebar or some other ferrous material in the asphalt directly under the Spark.
That may be case in that situation, but even does it on my lawn. Idk, I'm new to all this so I'm sure I'll figure it out sooner or later [emoji106]

That may be case in that situation, but even does it on my lawn. Idk, I'm new to all this so I'm sure I'll figure it out sooner or later [emoji106]
The red arrow shows what the AC thinks the heading is (Yaw). If it's inconsistent with the actual heading that's usually an indication that the Spark is sitting in a geomagnetic distortion. I.e., it's the location and not the Spark's compass that causes the discrepancy. But, if you're getting this discrepancy everywhere then the cause must be something else. Does it happen at every location? How much is the discrepancy? Has it always done this? Have you added an external device like a tracker?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme