Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Return to Home

Most definitely will. But my question would be, why test it's range and task a risk if it's not needed?

Reactions: GreekSparky
Try this. Have it hover maybe 40 feet away from you. Shut down the remote and see what happens.
Within 30 seconds it should start RTH.
If nothing happens within 2-3 minutes, there will still be plenty of time to restart remote and reconnect before battery level gets low.

Try this. Have it hover maybe 40 feet away from you. Shut down the remote and see what happens.
Within 30 seconds it should start RTH.
If nothing happens within 2-3 minutes, there will still be plenty of time to restart remote and reconnect before battery level gets low.
Thank you i will try it what you suggest an test it!

Sent from my SM-G928F using SparkPilots Spark Forum mobile app

Thank you i will try it what you suggest an test it!

You need to have the home point recorded, it is usually the case if there is normal GPS satellites count.
Recommended is to well read the manual, see section RTH PROCEDURE at page 14.
There are several parameters and the behavior could change if Spark is close to home point or at some distance. Better to be more than 20 meters or 60 feet from home point to insure it return back home and not just land.
Another way to test, maybe as a second step is not to deploy the RC antennas or point them to the Spark. It will reduce the range and you can quickly restore connection by correcting antennas position.

You need to have the home point recorded, it is usually the case if there is normal GPS satellites count.
Recommended is to well read the manual, see section RTH PROCEDURE at page 14.
There are several parameters and the behavior could change if Spark is close to home point or at some distance. Better to be more than 20 meters or 60 feet from home point to insure it return back home and not just land.
Another way to test, maybe as a second step is not to deploy the RC antennas or point them to the Spark. It will reduce the range and you can quickly restore connection by correcting antennas position.
Thank you my friend for the info...Eventually i will start flying worryfree!! I live in Rhodes Island Greece and most of the footage i want is above sea so you can imagine what i DON'T want happening!

Reactions: Advexure
Thank you my friend for the info...Eventually i will start flying worryfree!! I live in Rhodes Island Greece and most of the footage i want is above sea so you can imagine what i DON'T want happening!

I have managed quite a few RTH with the controller button with mo problems...Main concern is the low battery and signal loss as i said cos i see no options in the app...

I can imagine :)
Only way is to bring confidence by testing possible solution to issue, over ground of coarse and over area you can access.
My first trial, without RC, it just loose signal at 90m and stay in the air for long minutes. I reduced the distance as I made the flight over easy to reach area but nothing. In fact I flow with my tablet, it lost contact and my phone who was also configured to Spark wifi pick the connection. After understanding that all went good.
So testing in safe condition is really important as problem can arrive at any time.
Good testing and good flights.

I have managed quite a few RTH with the controller button with mo problems...Main concern is the low battery and signal loss as i said cos i see no options in the app...

Low battery (just enough battery to return home) will trigger RTH with also a warning in any case at 30%. At 10% it lands!
Take also care of wind direction, it can make a return longer than expect.
Finally keep sport mode for coming back home, this way you will ensure a safe return. RTH speed is also high but not as SPORT mode.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme