Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Roadscape - Help required!!

Which picture looks best?

• Picture 1

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • Picture 2

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Picture 3

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nilanjan118

Join
Oct 31, 2018
Hello Sparkpilots,

I need your help.
Below are three images (or rather 3 different edits) of a road I took this morning.
I would like you to take a look at the pictures and let me know which looks best.

Picture 1
DJI_3512e.jpg

Picture 2
DJI_3512_ee.jpg

Picture 3
DJI_3511_2_3_tonemapped (2).jpg

Last edited:
I like the contrast, it add a feeling of depth...

Reactions: nilanjan118
I like the contrast, it add a feeling of depth...
That's a very good point. I see the poll results are in your favour too. So the takeaway for me from this thread is that AEB mode is not ideal for shots like these as it takes away the shadows and thereby depth in the shot.

Hello Sparkpilots,

I need your help.
Below are three images (or rather 3 different edits) of a road I took this morning.
I would like you to take a look at the pictures and let me know which looks best.

Picture 1
View attachment 11421

Picture 2
View attachment 11422

Picture 3
View attachment 11424

The higher contrast rate and definition in the first pic is better in my opinion, but I like the content captured in the 3rd picture better. Try using the same editing technique on the 3rd that you did on the first and post it for our viewing pleasure. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: RotorWash
The higher contrast rate and definition in the first pic is better in my opinion, but I like the content captured in the 3rd picture better. Try using the same editing technique on the 3rd that you did on the first and post it for our viewing pleasure. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you very much for your feedback. The 3rd pic is nothing but a cropped version to make the composition of the image better. Here's the first image with the same crop.

DJI_3512 (2).jpg

I voted for picture #1 because I like the contrast and depth more than picture #2. Picture #3, as you say, was just a cropped version of #1 and may work better for your purpose depending on what it is you want to convey. For judging AEB, I presume there would be at least three exposures of the same subject from which to choose, so it's more difficult to say. I enjoy seeing your work in any event.

Reactions: nilanjan118
I think 2

Thank you for your feedback.

I voted for picture #1 because I like the contrast and depth more than picture #2. Picture #3, as you say, was just a cropped version of #1 and may work better for your purpose depending on what it is you want to convey. For judging AEB, I presume there would be at least three exposures of the same subject from which to choose, so it's more difficult to say. I enjoy seeing your work in any event.

Thank you very much for your kind words. Regarding AEB, you are right that it gives you 3 images with different EV but the use of AEB is to combine those 3 images to get what we call an HDR (High Dynamic Range) image. The second pic I posted is an HDR image made using a software called Photomatix.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena