Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Roseneath St Trains - North Geelong Australia

Wow. We’d be arrested and clapped in jail if we got within 50mtrs of a train. Also how did you avoid those overheads full of current and presumably Spark navigation affecting magnetism? Very well flown. Love my trains anywhere in the world.

Reactions: MickDoesStuff
Wow. We’d be arrested and clapped in jail if we got within 50mtrs of a train. Also how did you avoid those overheads full of current and presumably Spark navigation affecting magnetism? Very well flown. Love my trains anywhere in the world.

Yeah technically trespassing walking along the track there but not too concerned about it tbh, the tradies behind the fence did give me a heads up that there was a building a bit up the way past the locomotive with rail workers, they were concerned I'd get in trouble.

This was probably one of the first 10 times I'd flown my drone, so I either stayed below or above the lines, I was going fairly slow some of the time and at one point the drone did crash avoidance stop due to one of the light poles.

Cool video Mick! I rarely get to see any trains in person as we did away with them in our small province years ago. The tracks were pulled up and the lines are used for recreational purposes now. Our highways have been in a constant state of repair ever since with the increased truck traffic. I still miss the "toot toot" that I use to hear every evening.

Cool video Mick! I rarely get to see any trains in person as we did away with them in our small province years ago. The tracks were pulled up and the lines are used for recreational purposes now. Our highways have been in a constant state of repair ever since with the increased truck traffic. I still miss the "toot toot" that I use to hear every evening.
Ah really, why did they stop the trains and pull up the tracks? Not getting used enough?
Our rail system isn't the greatest by western standards, but there are definitely much worse out there.
I grew up near a line within a hundred meters so could always here them in the background and I commute to work now catching 2 different trains each day into the Melbourne CBD.

Reactions: RotorWash
Nice flying Mick. Fairly large yard too. It's cool that the workers warned you about the building and didn't feel threatened or exposed cause you had a drone in the area. Thanks for sharing with us.

Nice flying Mick. Fairly large yard too. It's cool that the workers warned you about the building and didn't feel threatened or exposed cause you had a drone in the area. Thanks for sharing with us.
Cheers. Yeah its massive, and tradies are usually pretty laid back people.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme