Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

RTH at Current Altitude/Return-to-Home Altitude:

Stew Bidd

Join
Sep 3, 2017
A little background:
New Spark owner(as of yesterday) and new to drones.

Anyways,
i understand the concepts of RTH at Current Altitude and the Return-to-Home default setting (i think?)

But what i'm wondering is, let's say i set the Return-to-Home setting to something lower than 30 meters (98.4 feet). IF something were in the way, say a fence. Then, what happens?

Also, if i enable the RTH at current altitude, and there's something in the way, then what happens?

thanks.

It's all in the manual I am afraid. Long story short: If you are more than 100m from the drone, (I mean spark from you...) It will RTH with obstacles avoidance (OA) turned OFF , to return quickly.

@Stew Bidd, check out the "Return-to-Home (RTH)" section of the Spark manual for more details on how RTH works. It's not a great idea to rely on obstacle avoidance (since it's not perfect). Plan ahead and make sure your Spark is at a safe altitude to avoid all obstacles in case it needs to auto return home for some reason.

I've messed with these attitude settings , and the return at current altitude setting, and now I just forget all that stuff and set it to where I know absolutely there will never be a problem , no matter where I fly. So therefore it returns home at 300 feet, no matter what I'm doing, as that's the RTH setting.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar