Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Sad new pilot here

So I just got my spark and she's already gone. Today was my third flight. I took her out to take some pictures of a park near where I live. During the flight I get a notification that I had magnetic interference and GPS was lost. I said cool, I'll just follow the map back home. I'm returning home when the screen go dark. I lose all communication with the drone. I keep on the stick since I was in heading in the direction of my house. The next thing I see was landing... I quickly go into find my drone and IDK how but the drone is already almost a mile away. I go to where it supposedly landed and it was already gone. I'm glad that it landed in a safe location away from traffic or the public but my heart is hurting that she is already gone by no fault of me. what did I learn from this? One, if you lose GPS signal do not trust the map. Use the monitor to get your location to try to get back home. Two, Sport mode in the air can get the spark out of range real quick. Three, people are horrible. Why pick up something that is not yours. I hope my sad story help someone else not lose their Spark, as for me this was a Christmas gift to myself and she's gone...
I'm sorry. Yeah people are lousy sometimes.

I'm sorry. Yeah people are lousy sometimes.
A little help. Sometimes the screen lies to you. Fire up the dji go 4 app outside. As soon as it enters it's routine you see a mavic on the screen. At the left top of the screen you will see three little lines. Touch those. A drop down menu will appear. Select find my drone. It should take you to within several feet of where your drone landed. I don't know if you knew about this function. If you already knew about this then disregard this post.

Reactions: Jaq Grafiq
So I just got my spark and she's already gone. Today was my third flight. I took her out to take some pictures of a park near where I live. During the flight I get a notification that I had magnetic interference and GPS was lost. I said cool, I'll just follow the map back home. I'm returning home when the screen go dark. I lose all communication with the drone. I keep on the stick since I was in heading in the direction of my house. The next thing I see was landing... I quickly go into find my drone and IDK how but the drone is already almost a mile away. I go to where it supposedly landed and it was already gone. I'm glad that it landed in a safe location away from traffic or the public but my heart is hurting that she is already gone by no fault of me. what did I learn from this? One, if you lose GPS signal do not trust the map. Use the monitor to get your location to try to get back home. Two, Sport mode in the air can get the spark out of range real quick. Three, people are horrible. Why pick up something that is not yours. I hope my sad story help someone else not lose their Spark, as for me this was a Christmas gift to myself and she's gone...
Similar issue, lost mine yesterday due to interference
atti mode and off it went out to sea! Fed up with continuous problems, have today purchased a Mavic so moving away from WiFi and on to ocusync. I always put contact details on my drone, but no help this time obviously. Pity yours was found by someone who didn’t return it to you ?

A little help. Sometimes the screen lies to you. Fire up the dji go 4 app outside. As soon as it enters it's routine you see a mavic on the screen. At the left top of the screen you will see three little lines. Touch those. A drop down menu will appear. Select find my drone. It should take you to within several feet of where your drone landed. I don't know if you knew about this function. If you already knew about this then disregard this post.
Thanks for sharing this info. Will help with my replacement drone. Sadly no use for this one...

Sorry to hear about your loss. Well the good news is I just got my new Spark. She never leaving my sight again... ok maybe that's a lie but that's what statement I'm going with...

Reactions: Jaq Grafiq
Sorry; put your name and contact info on the drone. It may have landed on private property.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme