Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

SD card question

Droneshadow

Join
Sep 20, 2018
I dropped an sd card on the floor from table top height. Now the card won't read. Devices can't find it. Is it toast?

Most likely... It depends on the brand because the Dji spark doesn’t really accept most Sd cards. I use a sandisk 32gb sd card and it seems to work.

What's inside an SD card that could break just by dropping it, considering what they weigh?

If using an SD card adapter, is the lock switch locked? Maybe that will block the card from being read?

I had no idea they were that fragile.

Heck, the first time popping the card out of the Spark, I had to chase it across the table. ?

I had no idea they were that fragile.

Heck, the first time popping the card out of the Spark, I had to chase it across the table. ?
? I've had that happen a few times one time it shot up and landed on top of a picture in the kitchen the wife found it when she was dusting.

Reactions: Spark 317
Not a help re the problem with your card (hope you find an answer) but I have never had the rocket pop out experience reported here. For what it’s worth I always use my finger nail (yuk sorry) to poke the card gently until it clicks and keep the finger nail in position until the card spring releases it. Then it’s free to remove-fiddly yes but it works for me. Good luck.

Are you saying you can't read it out of the spark? Sometimes I have problems if I've popped it out and put in an SD Adaptor for my PC, normally reads ok if my spark is connected via the usb port. It's unlikely that the card is damaged from the fall. There are plenty of SD recovery tools that you could try, failing all that, you could just reformat it in the spark

How weird. They're usually not very fragile and have a low terminal velocity.

I'd see if it reads on a computer and maybe try formatting it. If not, toss it. Maybe still toss it if it does as you wouldn't want it to quit working while you're shooting awesome video of an unrepeatable event. (I would forget to hit the record button.)

Reactions: Jointeffort
the sd cards now suck.. i had one brand new 5 months old fail.... get an extreme card or pay more than 10 dollars because seems the on sale stuff is garbage and they know about it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast