Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Selling Drone-FAA registration transfer

Kendallfordguy

Join
Aug 24, 2018
Loc
Kendall, WI
I have changed my mind and am selling my Spark to my neighbor after purchasing a new MA2. Does anyone know what the procedure is for transferring the FAA registration to a new owner?

Thanks!

If I remember correctly, when flying as a hobbyist, the registration can be used on all your aircraft.

When selling it, remove your numbers and your neighbor will have to register the Spark to him with a new number.

If you are going out of the drone business and giving away your drone to your grandchild, is there away you can unregister your drone?

If you are going out of the drone business and giving away your drone to your grandchild, is there away you can unregister your drone?

Just remove your numbers and have him register the Spark with his name to obtain a new number.

From the FAA site...

In order to register you must be:

• 13 years of age or older (if the owner is less than 13 years of age, a person 13 years of age or older must register the drone)
  • A U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident

That would be for part 107 users who have to register each individual drone/UAV. The question appears to be out of context.

You may be right! I did not check which type of flying the FAA website covered. If I find the website, I’ll check. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme