Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Sensor errors and warranty

K1zero

Join
Dec 20, 2018
My spark has given me the dreaded infrared vision sensor error (40009) and downward sensor error (40009) i have done everything to fix it. Downgrading, refresh, upgrading, factory setting, turning on and off the obstacle avoidance and nothing. So i have gone to a DJI Experience store near me and has done a diagnostic on the spark and has concluded that it needed a new aircraft main board which the cost for repair is $400.

First of, the drone has not had a crash or have been dropped nor wet. Any idea what could have happend? Also is the repair quote fair? Or should i inquire about the 1 year warranty to DJI? Should i send it to DJI for repair instead and mite be cheaper?

Aren't the DJI Experience Stories authorized resellers and repair merchants?

If so I'd expect them to repair it at no charge to you if it's under warranty. Surprised this wasn't addressed at that visit.

Otherwise you can send it directly to DJI for warranty repair or estimate. The only third-party repair establishment I've seen with consistently favorable reviews is Thunderdrones

Best of luck

Aren't the DJI Experience Stories authorized resellers and repair merchants?

If so I'd expect them to repair it at no charge to you if it's under warranty. Surprised this wasn't addressed at that visit.

Otherwise you can send it directly to DJI for warranty repair or estimate. The only third-party repair establishment I've seen with consistently favorable reviews is Thunderdrones

Best of luck

Yeah i have asked them about the warranty but they said they dont cover the warranty. I would have had to go through DJI for warranty but im not sure if it is still covered since i got second hand from a friend with no receipt. I checked for dji care fresh and the SN number showed that it wasnt under care fresh. I got the drone during summer and my friend had the drone for only 1 month after activation of the drone.

The place i got the diagnostic done was called DJI experience; omniview tech corp.

The DJI warranty is transferable but only if you have the original bill of sale. So you'd need to have the original owner search their email for an online receipt (or provide a paper receipt). The clock starts ticking from the initial sale date.

I've found DJI factory repair costs to be quite reasonable. Better then independent repair. And there's always a chance they'll will acknowledge it's defective and replace it without the proper paperwork.

Reactions: K1zero
Unfortunately he doesnt have a copy of paper work. I was going to contact dji after i go pick up the drone from the dji experience store. And hopefully they can repair it with out me paying $400.
Thanks for you help and advice!

Reactions: Andre Levite
My spark has given me the dreaded infrared vision sensor error (40009) and downward sensor error (40009) i have done everything to fix it. Downgrading, refresh, upgrading, factory setting, turning on and off the obstacle avoidance and nothing. So i have gone to a DJI Experience store near me and has done a diagnostic on the spark and has concluded that it needed a new aircraft main board which the cost for repair is $400.

First of, the drone has not had a crash or have been dropped nor wet. Any idea what could have happend? Also is the repair quote fair? Or should i inquire about the 1 year warranty to DJI? Should i send it to DJI for repair instead and mite be cheaper?
Hey are you sure the main board is the problem ( I too have the same problem)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe