Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Series of 5 sensor and telemetry anomalies

cdouble

Join
Dec 31, 2018
Anomaly#1: Yesterday when attempting to enable the active tracking mode i received an error "downward sensors disabled".

Anomaly#2: I clicked the enable button on the "downwsrd sensors not enabled" dialog box but still could not enter active tracking mode (same error).

Next I went into the djo go 4 sensor menu and noted that obstacle avoidance was disabled so tried turning it on. Didn't know if it was related but figured I'd try it. Same result... Anomaly#3: ...and when i went back to the menu to try again I noted the obstacle avoidance was disabled again. Weird.

Anomaly#4: Next i noticed that i was not receiving any altitude, distance, or speed data (all zeros).

Anomaly#5: Given the cascading series of issues i flew it home and successfully landed in my hand which is interesting because the downward sensors seemed to be working fine since it moved momentarily 8" above my hand before gently descending into my hand like it always does.

I checked the sensors and they all appear clean. I swapped batteries and tried again, same series of issues.

Everything seemed to be working fine when flying the same location the day before.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Chris

I'd reinstall the Go4 app.

There are no options for turning off the bottom sensors on the Spark, unless running a third party program like Litchi.

The Go4 app covers a lot of DJI Drones and you might have stumbled upon an anomaly giving you the option to turn it on / off.

Might be interesting to know which version of Go 4 app used and whether it's for iphone or android. Every time I launch Go 4, I get a pop-up telling me there's a new version, but when I check for updates after Spark connection, it says all is up to date. I usually don't jump right on new releases until they've been proven stable in the real world.

Anomaly#1: Yesterday when attempting to enable the active tracking mode i received an error "downward sensors disabled".

Anomaly#2: I clicked the enable button on the "downwsrd sensors not enabled" dialog box but still could not enter active tracking mode (same error).

Next I went into the djo go 4 sensor menu and noted that obstacle avoidance was disabled so tried turning it on. Didn't know if it was related but figured I'd try it. Same result... Anomaly#3: ...and when i went back to the menu to try again I noted the obstacle avoidance was disabled again. Weird.

Anomaly#4: Next i noticed that i was not receiving any altitude, distance, or speed data (all zeros).

Anomaly#5: Given the cascading series of issues i flew it home and successfully landed in my hand which is interesting because the downward sensors seemed to be working fine since it moved momentarily 8" above my hand before gently descending into my hand like it always does.

I checked the sensors and they all appear clean. I swapped batteries and tried again, same series of issues.

Everything seemed to be working fine when flying the same location the day before.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Chris

I had a similar sensor issue once while flying in an early morning fog (maintaining close VLOS)
I’m guessing the moisture obstructed the ´view’ of the sensors for a short time. I landed it to be safe, rebooted everything and all was fine.

Reactions: RotorWash
Might be interesting to know which version of Go 4 app used and whether it's for iphone or android. Every time I launch Go 4, I get a pop-up telling me there's a new version, but when I check for updates after Spark connection, it says all is up to date. I usually don't jump right on new releases until they've been proven stable in the real world.

I got one thing stuck too.
On the last exchange with my Spark; always tells me I have 48 hours to get Care Refresh even though in the records, the care refresh was transferred from the last unit to the current unit :D

Well yesterday everything was working fine again. Go figure. Good feedback from the group, i suspect it was either djogo4 got confused or there was moisture on the bottom (it was early morning). Thanks for the ideas and fingers crossed it doesn't come back.

Reactions: RotorWash

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast