Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Setup For Hyperlapse - April 28, 2018

I am glad that you did not experience a "bird strike" in that flight. Looked like the birds were flying pretty close to your Spark. What is that mountain range I see in the distance called?

I am glad that you did not experience a "bird strike" in that flight. Looked like the birds were flying pretty close to your Spark. What is that mountain range I see in the distance called?

Henke Hill - found by opencyclemap.org
Kordzik Hill lower in front is out there too as well as two other hills.

That is where I lost that Quad out there.
I was at a lower altitude than this flight:

I believe it is somewhere before the first hill I cross over - 01:55

Last edited:
The quality of that video is awesome. In a lot of your videos that looks like a very long mountain range in the distance. I assume that you found your quad.

The quality of that video is awesome. In a lot of your videos that looks like a very long mountain range in the distance. I assume that you found your quad.

That was captured by the GitUp brand Git2P sport camera with a 90° field of view.
I love that camera because for $75 on a good sale, you have that 60 frames per second quality.
Like I said, we are the edge of the hill country that becomes the foothills of the Rockies at El Paso, Tx
I have not found the DYI F450 quad yet.
The Cedar trees get real thick in there.
Been out there since June 23rd 2017
When it crashed, it must have knocked the power system out because I never got another "ping" from telemetry.

Sorry to hear that you have not found the F450. Are you still looking for it or have you written it off?

I do hope you find it. Being that it is in a grove of cedars makes it a lot harder to spot. Makes me think that I should get one of those tiny GPS locators to attach to my Spark when I get comfortable with long distance flights. You never know what may happen to the drone's battery if it crashes.

I do hope you find it. Being that it is in a grove of cedars makes it a lot harder to spot. Makes me think that I should get one of those tiny GPS locators to attach to my Spark when I get comfortable with long distance flights. You never know what may happen to the drone's battery if it crashes.

I have looked at those - $50/ mo service
Have you found better?

Well the first one I looked at was the "Ping" at $99 which called for a monthly service fee. Then I found this one on ebay which looks like it uses a combination of GPS and cellular triangulation. It is less than $20 but I am not sure about the way it works with the cell thing so I have sent the seller a message asking for clarification about that. Here is the eBay link... Mini SPY Vehicle GSM GPRS GPS Car Tracker Vehicle Tracking Locator Device TK102B 799493428506 | eBay

Researched already - you need a cell data line for it.
So if that is the case, just put a spare activated iPhone in an Otter Box and mount it.
Drone crashes, use "Find my iPhone" :D

I was guessing that it had to have a sim card in it. Oh well, I can delete that watched item. I don't understand why the cellular providers won't issue an extra activated sim card for such things as tablets or in this case, GPS trackers. It's not like you can use your phone at the same time. I could set my phone up as a WiFi hotspot but that is ten dollars more per month with AT&T. Greed is all it is. I think the whole world thrives on it.

I guess that the GPS system in the Spark is a big part of the cost of the drone. I had no idea that GPS tracking stuff is so expensive yet you can buy a fitness tracker band on eBay that has GPS tracking for less than $20.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar