Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Shimmering Video - What is Causing This?

Did you had a polarizing filter on? This happens to me too all the time, I think it's related to the camera not being able to focus because of the low light (because you are using a ND filter).

I did have a PolarPro filter on. In fact that seems to be the cause. I did some tests with and without the filters, and it didn’t happen without the filters. However, since I’ve seen plenty of beautiful footage on YouTube that was taken with a Spark and the PolarPro filters, I think the camera/gimbal ought to be able to handle it. After talking with someone from DJI support, sent it back under the repair warranty. Hopefully it won’t be gone too long.

Damien

I shot some videos yesterday and didn't have the glitch in most videos, except at the very end right when I stopped capture....but there was one video, when I was pointed straight down while descending into a parking lot. You'll see it quite plainly in this video:
. You may have to manually select 1080P. You'll see the transition from everything looking fine to glitchy around 2:20. This was when I was already descending toward my landing...as soon as the camera is panned down, everything goes nutty. Look at the power lines and especially the parking space lines.

Does this seem like a potential problem with the SD card? Seems unlikely to me. Or should I call DJI for a possible warranty repair/replacement?

Thanks,
Damien

It vibration my Spark has bieng suffering with it.
mine happens when gusts of wind hit the cam

I did have a PolarPro filter on. In fact that seems to be the cause. I did some tests with and without the filters, and it didn’t happen without the filters. However, since I’ve seen plenty of beautiful footage on YouTube that was taken with a Spark and the PolarPro filters, I think the camera/gimbal ought to be able to handle it. After talking with someone from DJI support, sent it back under the repair warranty. Hopefully it won’t be gone too long.

Damien
I don't think it's related to the camera of the drone but it's just a matter of which filter you use. I think that if you have a filter that is too strong for the light you have, this happens. Anyway, if you Spark returns and this doesn't happen again please report, I'll send mine too. Thanks!

Reactions: thomegnome
Filters should never be used when camera is in "Auto"..
Sometimes I forget, footage ruined!

I did have a PolarPro filter on. In fact that seems to be the cause. I did some tests with and without the filters, and it didn’t happen without the filters. However, since I’ve seen plenty of beautiful footage on YouTube that was taken with a Spark and the PolarPro filters, I think the camera/gimbal ought to be able to handle it. After talking with someone from DJI support, sent it back under the repair warranty. Hopefully it won’t be gone too long。
That very much explains it. Like I said before, it happens when the shutter speed is low. I don't use ND filters but I have seen it happen when I am shooting at dawn or dusk at shutter speeds slower than 1/100. So I feel it is a limitation of the Spark's EIS system in low shutter speed. Do keep us posted as to whether this problem is sorted after you get your Spark back. Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit