Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Ship Chasing

Sport mode is great for catching up to something.
Or getting away from something, like birds.

I had the chance to fly a Mavic 2 Zoom earlier this month. Have to start saving up the $$$ so I can get one

Me too. :)

300 to 400 meters away at some times

My Best friend lost his mavic pro to the ocean in Portugal last summer so i do fly with some fear.
However one of the perks of where i live is the ocean and on the sunny days its nice. I was out doing the same thing again today.
So stay tuned "Like" and "Subscribe" lol more to come. its also getting warmer here so Yacht season is approaching.

Good flying. Filming a moving object over water and especially with distance is much harder than it looks. The part at 1 minute where you were beside the boat, then behind it and flew level is great flying.

Reactions: blackomega
Good flying. Filming a moving object over water and especially with distance is much harder than it looks. The part at 1 minute where you were beside the boat, then behind it and flew level is great flying.

Thanks

Very impressive flying indeed. It is very difficult to keep track of a moving object and frame the shot perfectly. My favourite shot is at 2:19. The backdrop looks breathtaking there. Btw, how did you pull off the sideways panning shots with the boat at the center? Was Active track used? I am asking because I feel P-mode is rather slow to track the boat like that and Sports mode will give very shaky movements on the screen when using roll.

300 to 400 meters away at some times

My Best friend lost his mavic pro to the ocean in Portugal last summer so i do fly with some fear.
However one of the perks of where i live is the ocean and on the sunny days its nice. I was out doing the same thing again today.
So stay tuned "Like" and "Subscribe" lol more to come. its also getting warmer here so Yacht season is approaching.
Thanks. Just off to US for hols so have Spark ready to try to match your excellent filming.

Reactions: blackomega
Thanks for all your nice comments. So I hope to have a mavic by the end of May. Would I still be allowed to post videos here or is it just limited to my spark footage

Thanks im still trying to just keep the boats in the centre of the frame.

Very impressive flying indeed. It is very difficult to keep track of a moving object and frame the shot perfectly. My favourite shot is at 2:19. The backdrop looks breathtaking there. Btw, how did you pull off the sideways panning shots with the boat at the center? Was Active track used? I am asking because I feel P-mode is rather slow to track the boat like that and Sports mode will give very shaky movements on the screen when using roll.

I was trying to use activetrack but it would not stay close enough. some shots I think i had it in sport mode but i was trying to be very gentil on the sticks to avoid the camera rocking

I will try to keep the videos coming. I have more footage to edit and upload, please like and subscribe lol. Will keep the videos coming

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502