Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Silo art - Rapunyup, Victoria, Australia

SPark_South_Oz

Join
Apr 20, 2019
Loc
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
This was my first flight with the Spark.
Had the Mavic Pro for about 18 months prior to this, so the Spark was relatively the same to fly.

These silos are fairly common around various parts of Australia, the majority in South Australia and Victoria, but other states have towns and local grain corporations getting mural artists in to colour up their towns a bit now too.

If you go to my YouTube channel I have 2 shot with the Mavic on there, Coonalpyn in South Australia, and Weethalle in New South Wales.

I actually only shot this with the Spark because I crashed my Mavic (also on YouTube) into Coonalpyn silo on the way to Victoria, my son lives in Melbourne (Victoria’s capital), he loaned me the Spark to film Rapanyup on the way home, and later said just keep it as he doesn’t fly it any longer (has a P4 and S800), so it’s so of my back up now in big trips.
I like flying the Spark, just a bit spoiled with the Mavic I guess.

Reactions: Spark 317
my son lives in Melbourne (Victoria’s capital), he loaned me the Spark to film Rapanyup on the way home, and later said just keep it as he doesn’t fly it any longer (has a P4 and S800),

You raised a good kid. :)

How the heck do you paint a mural on something so big?

You are only painting a small section at a time and it's not like you can lean back a foot while up in the air to see the big picture to insure you are painting in the correct spot.

Fascinating.:)

Reactions: SPark_South_Oz
You raised a good kid. :)

How the heck do you paint a mural on something so big?

You are only painting a small section at a time and it's not like you can lean back a foot while up in the air to see the big picture to insure you are painting in the correct spot.

Fascinating.:)

Thanks for the comment.
Yes he’s a great son for sure.

Indeed and the curved surface presents its own issues too with perspective.

This one is actually a lot smaller in vertical size than most I’ve seen, usually double the height and sometime a little more than that too.
The Sheep Hills one I took stills of on the way out are more than double the height for sure.

They use cherry picker equipment with all the safety gear, and that adds to the effort required to work around too.

If you google this artists name, she has some incredible work all around the world, mostly on walls commissioned.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis