Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

...SIR, YES SIR!!! (Not another Canuck)

Join
May 27, 2018
Hello.

I found this site whilst educating myself before my first flight which has yet to take place. This flight will be indoors, as I live in a populated area and do not wish to violate any "no fly zone" rules and do not have the means to quickly venture into a secluded setting.

I am intent on obtaining my commercial drone license so that I can make a career out of this venture and am eager to pour my time (and money, I fear) into this pursuit.

I have so far attached my propeller guards, learned about "tripod mode" and have (I think) properly paired my new Samsung tablet with my RC and the drone itself. I have calibrated the IMU but have not yet figured out how to calibrate the compass indoors (if that is possible). Right now I am recharging all batteries before my first flight.

I want to take an oath to always try my best to never crash, and to always follow the rules of drone aviation. It is a privilege that I am proud to have and one that is very exciting. Coupled with my amazing video editing skills, I am overly eager to create amazing productions. I know that the laws are different in Canada than they are in America regarding drone operation. From what I gather so far, here (in Canada), if I am filming for business purposes, I need a special license. I really want to look into this, but I suppose I will learn to fly first. Any advice regarding this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time in reading this lengthy (to me) introduction.

Chat any time and be careful out there.

Sincerely,

The Real Lord Sane

Hello from the Mid-West, The Real Lord Sane.

The Spark is a fun little piece of technology.

If your first flight is indoors, make sure it's well lit so the VPS can see and work properly as you won't have a good GPS signal and the Spark may drift while in Atti-mode.
Make sure your guards are on and stay away from walls and the ceiling. The prop wash turbulence will tend to suck the Spark to the ceiling.
I would suggest flying outside even it means driving to a location because that is where the fun and photo opportunities are.
There are 2 apps available in the Stores that every drone pilot should have. AIRMAP and UAV FORECAST.

AIRMAP shows the airspace around you with flight warning zones and updated NOTAMs. UAV forecast shows the weather conditions and other information pertaining to your flight.

You should calibrate your compass outside away from any metal( building, rebar in concrete, etc.) or electric power lines. And remove metal from yourself (coins, watch, belt buckle, etc). And after it's calibrated you won't have to do it unless prompted to do so.

Good Luck with your Spark and the many adventures to come.

Welcome to the Forum.:cool:

Reactions: The Real Lord Sane
Welcome to Spark Pilots! :)

Reactions: The Real Lord Sane
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the SparkPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI Spark quadcopter’s.
Enjoy!
*DJI Spark Manual: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Spark/Spark User Manual V1.6-.pdf

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme