Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Skins - Covers - How do you make your Spark unique?

steve.r

Join
Mar 26, 2018
Loc
Taicang, China
You can see from my avatar that I have customized my Spark with a full skin. It makes it look a little different (got non OEM props too..Shhhh!) It is nice to try and be a bit individual and should it drop down in long grass, it might help to see it a little easier.
Along with the skin I have, I also have a bright green skin which I will put on when I fancy a change. But today I have ordered a new top cover skin. I saw before on somebody's Spark on Youtube, so I found it. It should be with me in a day or two.

Lets see your customized Sparks, here is mine and a screen grab of the cover skin I am waiting for.

To each his own. You ask; "How do you make your Spark Unique"? I don't see or understand the need to. I see the Spark as a tool to capture Aerial videos and pictures. Its not like I park it next to another Spark and would get confused which one is mine.

For me it would be like wrapping my wrenches or tools. I think I can see the White better against other backgrounds (other than Snow) in tall grass or other terrain...

Don't get offended. Just answering your question... Again, to each his own... if skins float your boat, awesome!

Reactions: Icemanwbs
To each his own. You ask; "How do you make your Spark Unique"? I don't see or understand the need to. I see the Spark as a tool to capture Aerial videos and pictures. Its not like I park it next to another Spark and would get confused which one is mine.

For me it would be like wrapping my wrenches or tools. I think I can see the White better against other backgrounds (other than Snow) in tall grass or other terrain...

Don't get offended. Just answering your question... Again, to each his own... if skins float your boat, awesome!

Of course to each his own. But think about circumstances where the drone falls out of the air and you can’t spot it if you had something that can stand out it would help you retrieve it.

Reactions: steve.r

I see you have no time for fun in your life, please don’t be offended by that.
Ok, yours is a tool, you don’t fly with others, and don’t understand how making something individual gives many people pleasure. This must be the case or there would be no market for all the accessories available for the spark, oem or not.
But you do prefer the colour white, so there is your individuality.

Reactions: MannyCAM2001
I usually love customization in any of my hobbies however with the Spark I have to agree with Sparkbart. The default white is the best for keeping LOS and the Spark is but a mere tool for capturing footage so I don't particularly feel the need to customize it's look. With that being said, this is just my mere opinion and I still think these custom vinyls look cool. Thanks for sharing TC, your Spark looks awesome!

I'm not offended, but you sure are...
I don't see how choosing to not put a skin on a drone equates to "no time for fun in your life". Quite the stretch don't you think?
Don't post if you can handle differing opinions especially when they phrased politely...

I see you have no time for fun in your life, please don’t be offended by that.
Ok, yours is a tool, you don’t fly with others, and don’t understand how making something individual gives many people pleasure. This must be the case or there would be no market for all the accessories available for the spark, oem or not.
But you do prefer the colour white, so there is your individuality.

Sure, but you can't account for every situation or background color. Also there are more factors/variables than just a contrasting background. Tall Grass, dense brush, large rocks or the like may hide the drone from the ability to spot it. So bright or contrasting color may not be enough...

Of course to each his own. But think about circumstances where the drone falls out of the air and you can’t spot it if you had something that can stand out it would help you retrieve it.

Sure, but you can't account for every situation or background color. Also there are more factors/variables than just a contrasting background. Tall Grass, dense brush, large rocks or the like may hide the drone from the ability to spot it. So bright or contrasting color may not be enough...

I beg to differ with reflective vinyl as it reflects VERY well weather in tall grass or not. But anywho I probably wont be doing it any time soon lol.

I wrapped mine in a lime green Drone Girl vinyl wrap for better recovery visibility. It mostly works. The space tolerance in my case is messing with the decal. They fit really well on parts of the Spark (no so well on batteries). It was worth the investment.

Spark bart, not offended at all, didn’t I say about your individuality? But don’t look down on those of us who like to be different and share it. The point about visibility is quite true, and others think so too, of course there are other factors to consider, but I bet I could find mine quicker....

I too like to personalize some of my things. I agree that the Alpine white Spark is highly visible but kind of dull in a way also. I have not decided yet if I want to add a skin to mine but if I do want to do it, I will look here for a skin. This site even offers personalized skins for the Spark. And FYI, I have no affiliation to this site at all. I'm just another Spark pilot.

DJI Spark Skins | DecalGirl

Being an artist all my life, aside from the occasional blue-collar, tech-support, television production, professional cameraman jobs I’ve had. I can most certainly appreciate customizing the Spark. In my case, I like to protect my investment, best I can, while making it mine. My avatar shows it. Gimbal protector/ sunshade, landing gear to lift the camera/ gimbal assembly from the ground, silicone skin to protect from light rain, scuffs and scratches.
And yes, it is a tool, but I also get pleasure watching it fly, hover in place and haul-*** in Sportmode. I don’t think I’ve ever smiled that way looking at my tools.
Lets be real about customization, the whole point of customization. Making it yours. Leaving your mark, standing out, or simply being different. It may be a sutle change, but I do agree, everything I own bears my mark in some way or another. Lol
Kinda like a dog marking it’s territory, customizing your car.
Adding a peace sign, a marijuana plant to a vietnam army helmet. (That’s really showing my age) Making it you, a statement so others can see. To bring a smile to your face.
The bottom line, WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY.

Being an artist all my life, aside from the occasional blue-collar, tech-support, television production, professional cameraman jobs I’ve had. I can most certainly appreciate customizing the Spark. In my case, I like to protect my investment, best I can, while making it mine. My avatar shows it. Gimbal protector/ sunshade, landing gear to lift the camera/ gimbal assembly from the ground, silicone skin to protect from light rain, scuffs and scratches.
And yes, it is a tool, but I also get pleasure watching it fly, hover in place and haul-*** in Sportmode. I don’t think I’ve ever smiled that way looking at my tools.
Lets be real about customization, the whole point of customization. Making it yours. Leaving your mark, standing out, or simply being different. It may be a sutle change, but I do agree, everything I own bears my mark in some way or another. Lol
Kinda like a dog marking it’s territory, customizing your car.
Adding a peace sign, a marijuana plant to a vietnam army helmet. (That’s really showing my age) Making it you, a statement so others can see. To bring a smile to your face.
The bottom line, WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY.
You sir, have a way with words. I could not imagine that anyone else could sum it up more eloquently. ;)

Appreciate that. Not any smarter, ...trust me.

If you wanna find smart people, check them for bumps, scars, scrapes and bruises. Lol
Graduated, proudly from the school of Hard-Knocks.

With respect to all.

I already posted the thread regarding on this subject.
You can check it out.
Show your Spark!!!
Now those are some cool skins! I especially like the digital printed Spark internal components one. I am thinking of adding some reflective graphics to mine. Especially on the bottom so if it did get lost, I could find it with a flashlight even from a distance. Thanks for the link.

Reactions: ELD.visuals

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast