Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Small UAS Cert of Registration expiry/renewal

twickers14

Join
Sep 6, 2018
Loc
SW U.K.
Hi all. I note from my current Cert that it will need renewing in the New Year. Does anyone know whether I will get a reminder to renew-I’m in the U.K. Also I am hoping I won’t have had to take a test (is it the 107). I didn’t need to take one last time but I do know Regs change all the time.

Does anyone know whether I will get a reminder to renew-

I have to think about a renewal myself.
Guess I better put a reminder on the calendar. ?

I glanced over the FAA web page and I didn't notice anything about a reminder notice.

If anything, you might be able to contact the FAA and see what they have to say?

Since you'll be flying as a hobbyist, I wouldn't think a part 107 test would be needed.

Good luck. ?

I have to think about a renewal myself.
Guess I better put a reminder on the calendar. ?

I glanced over the FAA web page and I didn't notice anything about a reminder notice.

If anything, you might be able to contact the FAA and see what they have to say?

Since you'll be flying as a hobbyist, I wouldn't think a part 107 test would be needed.

Good luck. ?
Thanks for this. As always spot on and helpful. We do get a reminder here and I have just done the necessary. The links you gave me have at least told me how to find my Registration (which I couldn’t find before) and given me a Contact Us point to ask the Authority the question about my renewal. Watch this space!

I received an email from the FAA that my registration was going to expire and gave me the link to renew. The process took 5 Minutes and cost $5. There was no test requirement.
Very helpful thank you. Seems like I might get a reminder but won’t rely on it. I remember the initial sign up was so easy as you say.

I fly as a hobbyist and I got a reminder 1 months early from the FAA in the E mail I signed up with 3 years ago.

Right all sorted. The FAA does not send a reminder to me here in the U.K. and I can renew 180 days before it falls due. My FAA Dashboard will give me the opportunity to renew within that timescale. Now to my stupidity-I forgot that over here we put the day first and the month second when stating a date. Of course over the pond it’s vice versa hence me thinking my renewal date was imminent (in the New Year). Doh! Hope all this helps. The FAA Drone people are very helpful and a pleasure to deal with.

Reactions: Spark 317

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme