Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Snow day in East Texas

gottawonder

Join
Jul 28, 2018
Snow is such a rarity here and this is our second round this winter. A week ago people were on this golf course, and they'll be back on it by next weekend. Normally i'd edit a much shorter video but this video caters to some of the things my neighbors wanted to see. 4:00-6:00 would have normally been fast cuts and about 15 seconds...anyway, that is the "method to the madness" with this one, decided to share here as well. Stay warm.

Looks like a flat New England scene. More normal for us in the Northeast. Good luck and stay warm. It was 45 degrees in Rhode Island yesterday and expecting a 24 hour long snow storm starting today. New England weather....

Looks like a flat New England scene. More normal for us in the Northeast. Good luck and stay warm. It was 45 degrees in Rhode Island yesterday and expecting a 24 hour long snow storm starting today. New England weather....
Thanks for sharing your footage, has electrical service returned to normal for you yet?
Fortunately mine did not go out. Many people I know can’t say that. Per the Oncor outage map the rolling blackouts have ceased and number of customers without power has dropped about 90% from a couple days ago. Still have 4500 outages affecting over 100k people but those, they say, are weather damage related. It’s gonna be hi/low 30 and 15 here today and low 19 tomorrow then the thaw begins. Plumbers are gonna be booked solid for a month. Weds we are 65 and 45. The line around the Mexican restaurants will be a block long! Thanks for asking.

Reactions: RotorWash
What a beautiful film you have made. I was spellbound with the simple beauty of the area. Sure it looks great in the Summer but the crisp winter snow make it magical. Behind every film like this is a guy (or girl although I know you’re a guy) with freezing operating fingers. Perhaps driving in hazardous conditions to get the shots.. Full, warm batteries are needed too so a lot of planning required to deliver a super piece of footage. Love the music too. Your neighbours must be thrilled to see their locality so gently and sensitively presented. Well done. PS is it shot on Lake Palestine?

What a beautiful film you have made. I was spellbound with the simple beauty of the area. Sure it looks great in the Summer but the crisp winter snow make it magical. Behind every film like this is a guy (or girl although I know you’re a guy) with freezing operating fingers. Perhaps driving in hazardous conditions to get the shots.. Full, warm batteries are needed too so a lot of planning required to deliver a super piece of footage. Love the music too. Your neighbours must be thrilled to see their locality so gently and sensitively presented. Well done. PS is it shot on Lake Palestine?
Thanks to you and the others for the kind words. This is shot in my neighborhood, and so it was a quick trip down the road. I have a 4WD Jeep but just no reason to be on the roads. I did pick a new location to pilot from, so I'll be zooming around some more when the weather is more to my liking. I've got most of my old Spark photos on another drive, but I did have this pic handy to show what the neighbors are used to seeing. And yes, this is on the north end of Lake Palestine.

I "had" to buy a quad before i was ready; we were traveling and my wife wanted me to have one. The Mavic 2's were pending, but after spending time on this board it was easy to buy the Spark. It was some of the work posted here that won me over. Some of you guys are great pilots and content creators, and I'll take your responses as true compliments, even if you're just being nice :D

Attachments

• EASTER2020-2.jpeg
    EASTER2020-2.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 7
Thanks to you and the others for the kind words. This is shot in my neighborhood, and so it was a quick trip down the road. I have a 4WD Jeep but just no reason to be on the roads. I did pick a new location to pilot from, so I'll be zooming around some more when the weather is more to my liking. I've got most of my old Spark photos on another drive, but I did have this pic handy to show what the neighbors are used to seeing. And yes, this is on the north end of Lake Palestine.

I "had" to buy a quad before i was ready; we were traveling and my wife wanted me to have one. The Mavic 2's were pending, but after spending time on this board it was easy to buy the Spark. It was some of the work posted here that won me over. Some of you guys are great pilots and content creators, and I'll take your responses as true compliments, even if you're just being nice :D
Thanks for this. I love seeing stuff from around the world that has just been shot. Makes me feel I am there and it diverts one’s thoughts from general life for a few nice minutes. The Purple Music people are here in the U.K. (Manchester) so I have congratulated them on their compositions.

Snow is such a rarity here and this is our second round this winter. A week ago people were on this golf course, and they'll be back on it by next weekend. Normally i'd edit a much shorter video but this video caters to some of the things my neighbors wanted to see. 4:00-6:00 would have normally been fast cuts and about 15 seconds...anyway, that is the "method to the madness" with this one, decided to share here as well. Stay warm.

Happy to report the “thermostat is fixed”and it’s 68 deg this afternoon (warmer than forecast) what a week.

Attachments

• 136DD274-50B9-42C9-8D1D-B9A0DB539831.jpeg
    136DD274-50B9-42C9-8D1D-B9A0DB539831.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
  • 713BCCA6-14B5-45E5-9B36-D591283B0F3C.jpeg
    713BCCA6-14B5-45E5-9B36-D591283B0F3C.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Reactions: RotorWash

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads