Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

SOLUTION / Xiaomi Mi WiFi Repeater 2 works with DJI Spark!

inetflash

Join
Dec 7, 2018
Dear everyone!

Maybe you already know but the Xiaomi Mi WiFi Repeater 2 is only operating in the 2.4 ghz bandwith. The DJI Spark ofc capable of connect on the 2.4 Ghz band but it's preferes the 5.8 Ghz one. So all you have to do is just turn on the Spark and then press and hold the button on the battery for 9 seconds until you going to hear 3 beeps, it is going to start with 1 beep then 2 then 3. After reset the WiFi of the Spark going to enter into the 2.4 Ghz mode and therefore you will be able to see with your phones, routers and repeares what only supports 2.4 Ghz bandwith and so you can connect to it to your Xiaomi Mi WiFi Repeater 2.

NOTICE!

You have to reset the Spark with the above mentioned way every time in order to connect to the WiFi repeater. Your repeater will not connect if you just simply turn on your Spark since it is going to prefere the 5.8 Ghz bandwith. If you succesful then you can connect any device which is capable of runing the DJI Go 4 app and have only 2.4 Ghz wifi in!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ZPARK
Hi, I have one of these for my toy drone, but I dont really see the value for the spark, its range (unless you are not in the FCC class) is beyond anything that this repeater can offer. It wont repeat the controller's signal I am positive. Might help with the phone only scenario, there are youtube videos that show that working.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef