Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Some beach time in Bigbury

twickers14

Join
Sep 6, 2018
Loc
SW U.K.
Hi all. At last I was able to get Spark up in little wind, plenty of sun and a few surfers. Please excuse music if you are under 60-over 60s get ready for a trip down memory Lane but it is subject-related at least! Yours truly and Mrs Yours truly have small bit parts. One quick question-it was early in the morning, sun low still and you can see some prop in some of the shots top right. Any way I could have mitigated?

I've been a soccer referee for about 16 years. My middle son's jersey number is 12, hence the moniker. I'm fact I have a middle school game to officiate this evening. Fun times!
Thank you SoccerRef12. Where’s that pseudo name from? Often wondered as I read your contributions.

I've been a soccer referee for about 16 years. My middle son's jersey number is 12, hence the moniker. I'm fact I have a middle school game to officiate this evening. Fun times!
Thanks for sharing that. Thought it might be about the beautiful game as we call it over here. Have a good game and “Come on Number 12”.

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
A+ production twickers, beautiful area, great scenes, excellent a/v work in post and I quite enjoyed the selection of music as well!

That flicker you mentioned about in the top right is known as prop shadow. A common issue, check out this video for some tips about it.

The only thing more enjoyable then the music was the video itself. Great shots and flying twickers. Happy that you are able to get back to flying. Thanks for the look. Also, thanks for asking Jerry about his moniker, I've wondered myself. ;)

Reactions: RotorWash
A+ production twickers, beautiful area, great scenes, excellent a/v work in post and I quite enjoyed the selection of music as well!

That flicker you mentioned about in the top right is known as prop shadow. A common issue, check out this video for some tips about it.

Thanks for your kind comments. Always encouraging. Re the music, it has a special place in my heart as it used to play in the background at the pool of the hotel we stay at in Naples FL-a place we can’t get to at the moment. Also thanks for the vid on prop flicker. Totally makes sense and half my problem is that I don’t yet have vari focals so I can’t really see the phone screen when I am trying to keep LOS of the Spark with my long distance pair. I guess it’s down to the opticians soon!

The only thing more enjoyable then the music was the video itself. Great shots and flying twickers. Happy that you are able to get back to flying. Thanks for the look. Also, thanks for asking Jerry about his moniker, I've wondered myself. ;)
Thanks DFJ. I have often wondered how members arrive at their names here but have felt it probably not right to ask, otherwise why would they use them in the first place. Just summoned up the courage to ask and as is probably the case with most of us, we’re very happy to do the big reveal! Glad you could bear the music-my kids were not so considerate!

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
Re the music, it has a special place in my heart as it used to play in the background at the pool of the hotel we stay at in Naples FL-a place we can’t get to at the moment.
Based on the last time I visited the Sunshine State (a few years ago) I found out that the people of the U.K. love Florida just as much as any Canadian snowbird! A great state with great people and great temps in the winter! :)

Reactions: twickers14
Based on the last time I visited the Sunshine State (a few years ago) I found out that the people of the U.K. love Florida just as much as any Canadian snowbird! A great state with great people and great temps in the winter! :)
Just to say thank you for subscribing to my channel. I am just an amateur filmer so it is very flattering. I replied to the You Tube email I received to say thank you but it came back as undeliverable!

Thanks DFJ. I have often wondered how members arrive at their names here but have felt it probably not right to ask, otherwise why would they use them in the first place. Just summoned up the courage to ask and as is probably the case with most of us, we’re very happy to do the big reveal! Glad you could bear the music-my kids were not so considerate!
Mine is easy, my name is Joe and the Spark reminds me of a Dragon Fly. If it's not something personal, how did you come to use your moniker, twickers14?

Hi all. At last I was able to get Spark up in little wind, plenty of sun and a few surfers. Please excuse music if you are under 60-over 60s get ready for a trip down memory Lane but it is subject-related at least! Yours truly and Mrs Yours truly have small bit parts. One quick question-it was early in the morning, sun low still and you can see some prop in some of the shots top right. Any way I could have mitigated?
Cracking vid, cracking soundtrack, v nice edit... Subbed!

Absolutely not a prob. I played rugby all my life mostly on the left wing-no.11. Twickenham, here in SW London is the home of world rugby and is England’s home ground too-I played for England in 1970, so long ago. It is known as Twickers for short but when I came to select my pseudo name Twickers 11 was taken so I went for the right wing number which is 14! There you go.

Absolutely not a prob. I played rugby all my life mostly on the left wing-no.11. Twickenham, here in SW London is the home of world rugby and is England’s home ground too-I played for England in 1970, so long ago. It is known as Twickers for short but when I came to select my pseudo name Twickers 11 was taken so I went for the right wing number which is 14! There you go.
Appreciate the reply twickers. That might account for your third hip replacement. ;) The athlete you are just keeps wearing them out. That is one tough game that definitely is not for the faint of heart. Cheers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef