Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Some Fall Colours

Super nice.

Love the soundtrack.

Reactions: Mark Waco
Great Footage, IS that where you live? I'm officially jealous, Bet there's great fishing in that lake.

Nice shooting. We’re about to loose our leaves big storm (for us) due tonight. Lovely location. You guys and gals in ONT have a lovely place to live.

Reactions: Barbara
Nice job capturing those gorgeous colors and smooth flying. Thanks for sharing Barbara!
Thanks, though the smooth flying is only accomplished by brutal editing. I only kept one scene where I performed a yaw. The rest were jerky and uneven to the point of useless. This is my biggest complaint with the Spark. I suppose it is attributable to the Spark only having a two axis gimbal and relying on electronic stabilization in the yaw axis. I find it very difficult to perform any yaw maneuver smoothly. I tried adjusting the stick response values (using an older version of DJI Assistant) with limited improvements. Have yet to try the Tripod mode extensively. My limited trials show promise.

Would love to know how so many others manage to get such smooth pan/yaw video.

Great Footage, IS that where you live? I'm officially jealous, Bet there's great fishing in that lake.
Thanks. We moved here two years ago and absolutely love it. And yes, many, many lakes and much fishing. Year round. The second lake in the video, Horn Lake, is home to our annual ice fishing derby. Longest fish prize winner usually takes home between $25,000 and $30,000.

Really nice work, Barbara. I Googled Elliot Lake and learned a bit about the history of uranium mining in the area. Good job editing. I don't know if you used filters or not, but there's another thread on these forums discussing their use and manual camera settings. What I've read suggests using a filter that helps to keep the shutter speed at 1/60th sec may help to smooth pans (yaw), plus using Exposure Lock once you've got it adjusted to your liking will keep the camera from trying to adjust for lighter and darker views. The soundtrack perfectly supports the visual message. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Mark Waco
Really nice work, Barbara. I Googled Elliot Lake and learned a bit about the history of uranium mining in the area. Good job editing. I don't know if you used filters or not, but there's another thread on these forums discussing their use and manual camera settings. What I've read suggests using a filter that helps to keep the shutter speed at 1/60th sec may help to smooth pans (yaw), plus using Exposure Lock once you've got it adjusted to your liking will keep the camera from trying to adjust for lighter and darker views. The soundtrack perfectly supports the visual message. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for the tips. I'll be looking deeper into filters and camera settings once I get the whole flying thing down.

I'm still a relative newbie and scared myself with my first outdoor flight back last February. It was very cold and after a few minutes of normal flight, the Spark started generating, compass and yaw errors, then lost the wifi signal (temporarily) and finally, my phone failed. All ended well, but between my experience and all the fly-away stories I was reading, I was very nervous the next few times out. I've gained confidence now and I can see how just good flying technique can have a great affect on the quality of the video produced.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips. I'll be looking deeper into filters and camera settings once I get the whole flying thing down.

I'm still a relative newbie and scared myself with my first outdoor flight back last February. It was very cold and after a few minutes of normal flight, the Spark started generating, compass and yaw errors, then lost the wifi signal (temporarily) and finally, my phone failed. All ended well, but between my experience and all the fly-away stories I was reading, I was very nervous the next few times out. I've gained confidence now and I can see how just good flying technique can have a great affect on the quality of the video produced.
I hear you, I'm in the same situation and have less stick time than you. I read a lot, but don't have significant experience. Looks to me like you're doing great. Cold has a pronounced effect on batteries and I know your location is due for some seriously chilly weather. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

That first outdoor flight sounds like it was a hair-raiser for sure! Great to hear you getting back in the saddle after that. I still get nervous flying in some areas. A certain amount of nervousness is a good thing when flying but there's lots of reward for pushing through the rest of it when you know it's safe to do so. Looking forward to more from you, realzing of course that weather won't be our friend most days going forward. But hey we're Canadians and we'll make the best of it no matter what Old Man Winter has to say! Winter shots have their own special beauty, let's make it a mission to search&enjoy what the upcoming season offers us.

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena