Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Soon to be booted from DJI forum

Hello Maniac_au,
see if you can convince this guy RJB1,
Just the procedure to how to get his drone fixed ! I have spent hours online, with him, but he can only call me a troll & he does not believe anything I have said, I was just trying to help him, I sort of wish now I hadn't bothered !

Last edited:
You found the Serial Number checker now that you know when it was built, is it under a year old from that, or did whoever you bought it from say how long they had it.

If like my 2nd Spark it may have been sitting around, White ones appear to be the newer ones.

If still under warranty, why have the hassle of arguing, ship it back free, & hopefully get a replacement that works.
You may luck out & get a completely new one. I haven’t even activated my white replacement as yet as I picked up the yellow one for AU$280 only charged 12 times, missing the white micro USB cable but still has the Aussie power supply so know that it is also local stock.
They even send you updates once it is received by them, on, testing it finding the faulty parts. Say it will be repaired, either under warranty or not, if too old. They say 3-5 working days for repair, then a few hours later that it’s been repaired awaiting testing, a half hour later tested. 5 mins later they email you the replacement Serial Numbers if replaced, as well as the tracking number of the package.
I sent both the Controller & Spark in as it was a similar fault to yours.
However you will most likely receive a new or refurb back.

You found the Serial Number checker now that you know when it was built, is it under a year old from that, or did whoever you bought it from say how long they had it.

If like my 2nd Spark it may have been sitting around, White ones appear to be the newer ones.

If still under warranty, why have the hassle of arguing, ship it back free, & hopefully get a replacement that works.
You may luck out & get a completely new one. I haven’t even activated my white replacement as yet as I picked up the yellow one for AU$280 only charged 12 times, missing the white micro USB cable but still has the Aussie power supply so know that it is also local stock.
They even send you updates once it is received by them, on, testing it finding the faulty parts. Say it will be repaired, either under warranty or not, if too old. They say 3-5 working days for repair, then a few hours later that it’s been repaired awaiting testing, a half hour later tested. 5 mins later they email you the replacement Serial Numbers if replaced, as well as the tracking number of the package.
I sent both the Controller & Spark in as it was a similar fault to yours.
However you will most likely receive a new or refurb back.

No the guy I bought it from told me it was just out of warranty and the build date is coming back as jan 2018. He used it very little as he has a phantom which is why he was selling it. DJI has "escalated" my case, is what they are saying on the DJI forum, and I've had an email but again all they say is "send it to our service center" Ive explained yet again, that with the stories around about their service center and the fact that they are so secretive about the place, I'm just not comfortable sending it off to them without any other contact from the people that actually work there. The fact that mine does work fine sometimes, is also what is making me hesitant to send it off. I don't see why I should pay for them to strip it down and change random things if its possibly a app issue or hardware fault that is from manufacture.

Have you got a Computer to hook it up to?
If so I would try to factory reset it.
Delete the DJIGo4 app from your phone reinstall.
Reset the controller by holding the power button until yo hear 2 series of beeps. Power it off then back on.
Rebind them & test on the bench.
If it still has the same issues I would hazard a guess that it is the same fault as mine & require a new Core Board.
As warranty has already run out I doubt it will be covered though.

Reactions: RJB1
Have you got a Computer to hook it up to?
If so I would try to factory reset it.
Delete the DJIGo4 app from your phone reinstall.
Reset the controller by holding the power button until yo hear 2 series of beeps. Power it off then back on.
Rebind them & test on the bench.
If it still has the same issues I would hazard a guess that it is the same fault as mine & require a new Core Board.
As warranty has already run out I doubt it will be covered though.
Thanks, good procedure I'd say. And from looking on Youtube there is a number of videos of total strip down to core board, so shouldn't be too hard. I've done most of those resets before and the the drone often flies right for a few flights then messes up again, so its difficult to say if the reset fixed it or is something sporadically failing.

p I do need to try flying with just the RC and see how that goes.

Hey I just posted a thread asking if anyone in Melbourne could go by the listed DJI address for their service center and check it out. Maybe knock on the door and see if they can talk to someone. I'm interested if any servicing really is done there. I don't think it is. Are you interested in going over there? This is the address they gave me, 46 Indian Drive, Keysborough VIC 3173

Sorry missed this earlier - I'm about 20 mins away from there...but don't often travel down that way...and pretty sure it would tilt the Weird'o'meter to just walk in and ask if they really do the servicing, etc.

I would be reasonably confident they might do Minor repairs, and possibly even majors. keeping in mind when I say Major, that could include a whole Core Board replacement, but modular electronics these days that is a no-brainer, we have techs come semi-regularly replacing Whole Motherboards in laptops, and it takes them less time to do a full replacement of that than it does for me to build a Full sizes PC from scratch.

so they might have a Bag-and-Tag section, which goes away for work - possibly larger commercial units for instance...and maybe even anything which is covered by the Care pack...But then minor items, board replacements, initial checks, connection tracing, etc. might be done on-site.

I may have missed the bus. There is a shop called Dronezilla in the Sydney suburb of Lindfield. I have only purchased a few bits and pieces there, but I noticed that they repair dji products themselves.
Just in case you have had enough of trying to deal with dji.

Thanks, good procedure I'd say. And from looking on Youtube there is a number of videos of total strip down to core board, so shouldn't be too hard. I've done most of those resets before and the the drone often flies right for a few flights then messes up again, so its difficult to say if the reset fixed it or is something sporadically failing.

Also suggest to test Spark out when powered up hold the power button until you get the 1,2 & 3 beeps if it does not do it consistently it’s also most likely to be the Core Board.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers