Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

South Ridge of Lost Maples State Park - November 19, 2018

State parks... you can fly over them but not in them. I can't figure out why it should make a difference but apparently it does. Great video!

Reactions: pmshop
State parks... you can fly over them but not in them. I can't figure out why it should make a difference but apparently it does. Great video!

Not even over them unless the individual park superintendent approves.
This flight stopped short 50ft of the park border.
Flight path.JPG
Flight path zoom.JPG

I thought I had read somewhere that you could only take off from outside the boundary line and then fly over the park land. Maybe that was something that I read pertaining to the Blue Ridge Parkway.

I thought I had read somewhere that you could only take off from outside the boundary line and then fly over the park land. Maybe that was something that I read pertaining to the Blue Ridge Parkway.

That may be.
But, different state.
Here it is up to the Park Superintendent according to the head of Texas Parks & Wildlife
I like to stay out as much as possible

Sorry, I missed this comment.
To be sure about 15m from their park border, this was a litchi mission.

Yep, makes sense. Like using cruise control to avoid speeding tickets! Same applies here, no fly overs or launches in the parks. But I am tempted to do what you have done, come spring. My recent business trip brought me back up the Ottawa river valley which we are farily near, there are lots of great spots to launch from, I've been logging those for the srping! Like this.... Up River - Picture of Antler's Kingfisher Lodge, Deux Rivieres - TripAdvisor

Good video Thanks for sharing. Did you know that you can fish in the river where Háifoss come down.
But you better put your rain suit on

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar