Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark and golf

Playthru

Join
Dec 31, 2017
i would like the spark to follow me on one or two holes on a golf course (provided I keep it in the fair way)would this be possible?

Reactions: mikegrad
i like this idea. I don't see why not but i would think you might need to land it and carry it between holes - most likely trees or other things might get in the way.

i would like the spark to follow me on one or two holes on a golf course (provided I keep it in the fair way)would this be possible?
If your playing a links style course it should do fine as long as battery life allows. Just make sure it's flight altitude is higher than the course trees.

I film on a nearby golfcourse with trees and steep hills, no problem. Above 25 meter you're safe and even at 40 meter footage is good.

I don't play golf but what are the rules for the course?

I understand some don't allow cell phones.

I wouldn't think a "noisy" drone would meet golfing etiquette.

Otherwise it's beautiful scenery offering some spectacular views depending on the course :).

I never had a problem with anybody. They were all curious and interested in what sparky could do. Even got a request to mail some footage. Of course it doesn't say anything about other courses, but most of these poeple have other things to break their head over.

Reactions: Spark 317
It’s some tournaments that don’t allow cellphones as it would bother the pros and I would be playing by myself with no other groups around to see the drone.I seen a bachelor party where they were playing golf and a drone was following them and recording there moves.
I give them credit they were playing by the rules and not slowing anyone down.
The person flying the drone was not playing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spark 317
I might add that I am a regular on this golf course and know everyone who works there so there would not be a problem as long as the golf course was very slow.
I would have to do it on a chili or threatening weather day to insure there is not much play on the course.
I would not even try this on a strange golf course where I did not know anyone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef